Jolla Love Day 2

I don’t really like to speculate, but that is most probably the Mind2 with a LCD screen.

2 Likes

yes it looks like a phone

2 Likes

It does look like a three-lens +flash camera module though, one that doesn’t match the xperias or any phone I’ve seen?

Unless they’re just saying “hey you can store the photos from your camera on the Mind2” which would be a bit cheeky, it does look like some kind of new phone hardware?
Surely not??!
{{tentatively excited}}
Although these days it’s probably a lot easier / cheaper / less-risky to go to an ODM and get something than it was in the J1/Tablet era? And would be a good B2B story to say they went from contracting an ODM to launching a device in x months, and it would throw us a bone too (because we’re mostly here for phones and OS/OSS, not really business dealings, but we’re not exactly a cash cow, and they need income!)

1 Like

Photoshop?
Usually lenses are at the top. But that would contradict the “privacy from Finland”

Considering the sailfishos website has an image with “Payment succesful” and a fingerprint since some time, which does not correspond to anything real, I would keep my hopes to anything meaningful veery low…

4 Likes

Why LCD? I think this is JollaMinds2.1 OLED edition

That’s the most likely option I think. Anyway, I wonder why they don’t use a phone that is capable to run Sailfish on it instead of photoshopping just a random non-existing phone.

Well, given that they stated a price below 300€ I think OLED is to expensive, and also not necessary.

3 Likes

It looks like an HMD device.
If there is no phone announcement, I don’t know why they’d use this as a promotional material other than to disappoint people.
Let’s see.

2 Likes

Where do you even get new custom hw phone announcement from? The only hw will be jolla’s take on the ai assistants, we’ve seen glossy pins with 2h battery life and teen engineering squares, with a camera and gimmicky projectors, triple cameras is a bit overkill probably, but with two 4090’s under the hood the private/local model could be cool

And while we’re in speculation mode, this thing popped up a while ago on openrepos:
https://openrepos.net/node/12012
4.6 required… 4.6.0 will support app payments in monero???

1 Like

Oh yes you’re right, it’s in the HMD style (sideways), but doesn’t exactly match any of their public devices? It’s not out of the realm of possibility they may have partnered up for an quick route to market for a generic large slab but with a splash of Jolla and Sailfish!

And the Mind2 we have seen already and it seems to be a kinda NAS but with some onboard LLM/AI smarts, no need (or budget) for its own camera if it just sits next to your router!

2 Likes

Link?

2 Likes

Thanks, Jolla Phone 2 it is then! Yay!!!

1 Like

I seems that wireless charging prototype is included in crude brown box bellow.

Looks like a power bank to me.
Connected to Mind2.

Sailfish moving their ui to flutter???

Not moving but Sailfish Community News, 7th March 2024 - EULA - #8 by Max-Might

you should be able to connect the dots now. I wasn’t being serious i was mocking you