Jolla Love Day 2

No, I’ve been known to lie a lot. :eyes:

6 Likes

Seven.of.nine

Slowly it’ll be time to forget all this stuff. Shame on Jolla!

probably !
but to go where ?

1 Like

Why shame on jolla? Maybe it brings so much money that all the other projects profit from it. But I’m still curious why you think that.

5 Likes

@jeanpierrraubry UB Touch @ Volla first choice, others has also to be tested before making a decision.

@smatkovi simple and should be self-explaining. An AI fiddling around in my device is a no go for me. To do something, an AI has to be connected with the phone and grab data from it. Changes on the phone’s behavior should only made by me.

btw, what benefits should AI bring for a phone user?

6 Likes

I see. As i understand it jolla wants to prevent exactly that and will sell a dedicated device exactly for that purpose. Or maybe offer an optional app with ai integration. I don’t think jolla will force everyone to use that with an update

2 Likes

Jolla going AI and still not caring about persons who aren’t techsavvy is a shame. I like Sailfish very much but I don’t like Jolla’s policy.

1 Like

Jolla/Sailfish is to me like a lady on high heels trying to catch a bus: beautiful but wobbly.

2 Likes

Is the AI running local on the phone or does the AI come from some webserver, with what the phone is permamently connected to?

And: for what should AI be good? For what is it usable? What benefits and new features will the phone have with AI?

3 Likes

I think it is good for letting it teach you a subject or a programming language. And i believe jolla thinks it is good for labeling data like pictures or videos where you can say you want the device to show pictures from a particular holiday or an event from that holiday. Than the second usecase they mentioned was health data and then they were vague, but as i remember they said something with when to go to the doctor, to which doctor and what to pay attention to, but my memory could be corrupt here. I immediately thought of amazon alexa when i saw that device. Oh and jolla said they want to bring an ai service with a focus on privacy.

you mentioned ubports on the volla. Do you use it and did you manage to run waydroid on it?

2 Likes

I had a Volla and UBtouch corr: SFOS with Waydroid worked very fine. But unfortunately, a few months ago, the device broke for unknown reasons after a 1 hour Jitsi conversation with a friend, maybe because of overheated CPU? Device crashed and it’s not possible to boot or reflash it anymore. It seems to be dead now. Maybe somebody knows the right pads on PCB to connect with a tweezer for reset? Disconnecting the battery didn’t help.

I bought a gigaset gx4 which is the same as volla x23, i wanted to put sfos on it but didn’t manage to. Then i tried ubports out of curiosity and i couldn’t get waydroid to run. Would you be interested in the device? I think we both live in Vienna so that would be quite easy. Since jolla announced possible xperia 10 v support i bought a 10 v. I have too much phones…

1 Like

I also had that problem with a jolla phone back then

Yes I’m interested but i’m no longer in Vienna but moved to Canary Islands. It’s very difficult to send a parcel to Canary Islands because of customs regulations. But I can ask a friend who’ll visit me here in a week.

I can imagine that waydroid doesn’t work on the x23 under ubports. Would you still be interested in it?

It’s intriguing that Jolla seems to be following the same 11 year cycle as our sun. Very much looking fwd to hearing what all the jolly boys and girls are up to.

8 Likes

“We don’t believe it’s a good model to put AI run locally here in the phone. It’s not secure.” - Antti Saarnio [1]

6 Likes

Ah, I wouldn’t underestimate beautiful women in heels. Even in Winter. Maybe it’s the Canadian winter, but I have seen composure and control in a woman in heels jumping into the bus. In heels. Off ice. I was (and still am) flabbergasted. Never underestimate a beautiful woman in heels.

5 Likes

Can you also tell us where this will happen so we get a chance for a new xperia? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Have you got the e-mail invitation as well?
I wonder what device this is:

It doesn’t look like a Xperia 10.

8 Likes

maybe Jolla Phone 2?

3 Likes