Jolla C2 Community Phone: your feedback is needed!

Considering the big reveal of 5.0 has been that you can now view the home screen in landscape mode, I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

2 Likes

I ordered the C2. Main benefit IMHO is the preinstallation. Last time with Sony XA2 I had a lot of issues and needed some help to complete the install. Sorry, that’s too much for me.

My preference would have been to have the preinstalled Sailfish on the Xperia 10. Why couldn’t Jolla just buy a thousand devices from Sony and flash them for us. I’d pay happily for it. I think Jolla went for Reeder as they needed a HW company for their Mind device.

PS 1: I’m wondering why the C2 isn’t sold out yet. The tablet was sold out in less than a day and the C1 also very quickly.

PS 2: I see Reeder also has a tablet. M11 PRO MAX TABLET | Reedükkan Would be cool to have it with Sailfish OS. I’d buy one.

8 Likes

Maybe because Jolla Tablet had better specs and some people bought Xperia 10 IV and V?

That tablet from Reeder with SailfishOS would be awesome.

7 Likes

Reeder tablet uses the same Adroid version (13) as the S19 MAX PRO S, I could not find a technical specifications page but assume with assistance of Reeder it should be possible to port Sailfish to it relatively easily. Sailfish looked great on the old Jolla tablet.

@Jolla if you’re reading this, I understand you have plenty to do with Sailfish 5, the C2 and the newer Sony devices, but if you want to launch the tablet as your next device, I’m happy to put in a deposit like I did for the C2 :slight_smile: My old Jolla tablet died and I miss it. I think Sailfish looks even nicer on a tablet than on a phone.

7 Likes

But lacks anything like two windows simultaneously, and general improvements for tablet :frowning:

Jolla C2 is a tablet, it is THAT big :joy:
(sorry, couldnt resist)

5 Likes

I guess Jolla got burned enough with tablets.
Sure, tablet from Reeder will be a different story, but just imagine news headlines!

“The company that is known for Indiegogo tablet hoax is doing it again”

I guess this is not what reborn Jolla needs right now

2 Likes

I opened a thread in ‘Platform Development’

4 Likes

Well, at some point they have to start fixing the interaction UX/UI issues. And redesign a big portion of it cause it looks dated.

But as it seems jolla has other priorities.

1 Like

Hello,
When Jolla C2 will be ready to order and shiped?
Regards,
Trevormacro

1 Like

According to Jolla, soon.

I hope not, are they really ‘known for failed tablet campaign’ or is it the same few trolls that keep bringing it up any chance they get? Reeder tablet with native sfos support would be awesome, the JT is getting really old and even just browsing pictures in hi res is becoming problematic

1 Like

Before releasing a tablet it would be better to fix the issues SFOS has and will make the tablet borderline unusable.

You never used JT? It is as far from borderline unusable as possible, actually sfos works great on big screen like tablet so it’s a shame it’s such a rare experience

2 Likes

The browser sucks.
I don’t think SFOS has support for pens (which is a must fot tablets nowadays).

These two alone will make it a bad product out of the box. And there are various other issues.

The only issue on the tablet is ram, 2G causes a lot of oom, so it’s one app at a time thing, but bigger keyboard alone makes toeterm/tIDE so much better to use it’s worth the slowdowns. The only other one (that would also get fixed by reeder tablet) is 4.4 android apps disappearing and being abandoned, if there is no native app it sucks, browsing android versions backwards (on fdroid etc) to find one that still works is a huge pain, newer android support would make sfos tablet an instabuy

1 Like

I’ve been saying it for the past ten years that if you plan to buy a sfos device and want to run android apps on it you are better of with an android device.

The idea is/was to make a proper independent os. At least the basic stuff (ie browsing) should work properly natively.

2 Likes

That’s retarded, you run sfos so you have full linux, if there is no native app that does X you use android app or write your own, being ‘ashamed/afraid’ of android app support is retarded, pls stop

4 Likes

Its neither about being ashamed or afraid. its about the experience. As simple as that.

1 Like