Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

Yeah, haven’t got the mail to do the final payment yet. It should arrive soon apparently.

Partial quote from my mail:

We’re aiming to start shipping the pre-order devices by the end of August. Meanwhile, you’ll receive a personal link to the final payment. You can be rest assured we won’t request the final payment until we are clear with the final delivery schedule of the limited batch. We’re working hard to meet our end-of-August target, ensuring your pre-ordered C2 arrives as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Thanks!
Now I found the mail also. It was delivered to my not-so-active-mail-adress…

Got a reply from Jolla Care. For anyone who may also be interested:

(Another request I submitted right before it is now nowhere to be found, maybe it’s not that important…

1 Like

Thank you Jollyboy for all this amazing work. Will there be any update to the SDK coming with Sailfish 5 ?
I just installed the current one on my machine to do my first app and requirement like the ncurses 5 or older libssl could be removed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awwww… end of August?
With pre-orders ending at the end of July and deliveries starting in August,
I was hoping that it would be at the beginning of August.

You can still preorder now, i checked right now in Jolla shop.

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if impatience is a global plague?

14 Likes

For each and everybody, I’d like to remind about basic forum rules FAQ - Sailfish OS Forum

We have new community members joining. So for everybody, please be polite and behave. Also, don’t be offended if an off-topic discussion is forked to a new thread (@attah is right that some discussion should go a separate thread)

Let’s give a warm welcome to new members.

21 Likes

Like I said on the other thread, I have a Pinephone.
Worst phone ever. It being Linux
doesn’t save it from me trashing it due
to the poor battery life,
broken connection whenever idle and poor app support.
I need a useable phone badly, but I bought the voucher already.
I could resell it maybe? But I also want a Jolla 2C more than yet another Sony Xperia.
I want Linux-out-of-the-box.

5 Likes

Pinephone is a tinker toy, not a real daily driver device.

1 Like

Sailfish overall is way more usable. I had the C1 way back and was already very useable.

5 Likes

You should absolutely go for the C2. But be patient, Jolla is a small company and they definitely do not rule the world.

3 Likes

I’d get C2 as well if it had something better than T606 and 720p screen, and didn’t cost so much for cheap device… :confused:
And if the license was lifetime…
My next Sailfish would be still Xperia, anyway…

3 Likes

Well, I used 640x360 phones that weren’t twice more small so I’d survive. But they did OLED, that is… I did bought the C2 to support the development of Sailfish hopefully

4 Likes

Ordered mine C2 couple of days ago. Can’t wait :smiley:

2 Likes

@Jolla Does Jolla ship to Canary Islands? The Canary Islands are outside the European Union Value Added Tax (EU VAT) area. So I like to know if Jolla would ship it to La Palma in a way that i’ll receive it. edit: …and parcel not hanging at customs and go back after 4 weeks.

1 Like

I also ordered C2 few days ago, after thinking it about a month. I think that pre installed Sailfish is ideal for me, although I have managed to install Sailfish on my Xperia devices.

My only hope is that the future updates works well and smoothly.

1 Like

i don’t think this is about skill, but just better hardware support with c2

3 Likes

Do people, or The Powers That Be forsee the C2 being available to buy in Australia? I don’t really want to have to wait for the secondhand market to kick in.