Jolla C2 Community Phone deliveries

Welcome, WHCharge. Was bootloader unlockable or you had technical issues?

Welcome @jozef.macko, @WHCharge, @hansolekrebslange and @RXShorty ! Great to see new people joining :partying_face:.

13 Likes

Thanks filip.k
Yes it was unlockable. Even bought a qunlocktool account yet it still didn’t help. The only consolation was that I managed to get a refund for that unlock tool since no credit was consumed…

Thank you! I really are looking forward on a EU based OS that can be a daily.
Been buying Xperia 10 series since the sailfish support as my work phones.

Did you ask for help here in the forum or on support?

Is the phone shipped with Sailfish Os 4.6 or 5.0 ?

Will 5.0 release at the same time for all currently supported device ?

From my understanding it comes with 5.0 :+1:

2 Likes

Yes updates go out for all supported devices at once.
I do assume that c2 will come with 5.0 preinstalled.
As they said it requires a new phone stack which can be considered then aa a part of 5

1 Like

Nope. I thought it’s the problem of my device, maybe having a non-unlockable bootloader. Ebay seller disappeared after shipping the phone…
(Sorry I just realised typing it wrong on my reply. I meant it’s NOT unlockable, at least after some research I couldn’t find a way to unlock it)

@WHCharge please, could you try and verify your lock status here … Unlock bootloader | Developer World

1 Like

Thanks jozef.macko
I’ve tried it before and it says no. That’s why I went for the qunlocktool.

Guys, start a new thread.

15 Likes

Jolla just released a video about the C2

13 Likes

Nice to see some new videos.
Hopefully some more will follow. :wink:

2 Likes

any hope SFOS 5 will finally upgrade Qt?

3 Likes

The video is also available onInvidious

4 Likes

Been a long time since I have used Sailfish OS (skipped on the whole Sailfish X / Xperia stuff) and even though I got bit by the lack of a second refund for the Jolla Tablet, decided I’d still take a shot on the C2 and put in my pre-order / placement for it. Still have fond memories of daily-driving Jolla One and use of SFOS many years ago, looking forward to see how Sailfish has evolved.

4 Likes

I bought the voucher in may.
Till today there was no mail to pay the whole price. I heard that there are people that have gotten this mail in the last days. Is this correct? Are the first people getting it, but others have to wait a bit longe or have my mail getting lost?

I heard nothing of the sort.
Have you reached out to said people, or in the places where you heard that? I smell a misunderstanding.

Ah, sorry. It is not right. It was a mail that says there will be another mail in the next days to complete the payment. The contact is absolutely reliable and it was in my first tongue so no language barrier like in english can happen fpr me.