Imageworks, Videoworks, Audiocutter [+8 others] - end of development, looking for maintainers

Hey @planetos,
let me just use olf’s words to thank you

I do hope you are alright and staying with us?

1 Like

Hi Peterleinchen,
thank you too. And yes, I will stay around. It is merely a matter of time and resources right now as well as an opportunity for others to improve my humble contribution to the SF sphere.

1 Like

Hardly humble! Nice work! I’m happy to take on the mantle maintaining.

Just internalized the packaging of dependencies for Imageworks (it’s a bit bloated but I’m including the PIL libs for aa/arm and x86) … and fixed a bug in scribble (file saving).

1 Like

I’m getting the library depends (python libs) into application context. the apps should appear bit by bit in the jolla store in the next weeks.

beamcalc, concrete mixer, parkscheibe, scribble, and imageworks are in the jolla store now. Audioworks is in QA

7 Likes

@poetaster Are you planning to improve/develop the apps further or just to keep them as they are?

I am asking because i have a few suggestions (in the UI/UX side of things) that imo will make imageworks much better to use.

1 Like

I’m planning to work on the apps as I find time. There are bugs in numerous locations :wink: The imageworks to-dos include correcting parameters being passed to filters/effects which are incorrect on occasion, etc.

If it’s possible I’d like to-dos in the git hub repos. I also deal with pull requests so it’s something I look at frequently (at least once a week, unless I’m on vacation).

Just wanted to say thanks for your work, Imageworks is fantastic, use it often.

Firstly; thank you for doing this.

Secondly; since you seem quite apt at packaging dependencies with Python apps, would it be possible for you to do a write-up of how to do that in the best way?

I’m asking both because https://github.com/Logic-gate/harbour-cargo needs clean-up (and a new maintainer). I’m probably not well-suited, but if nobody else steps up I could at least take it one step of the way.

I also think i need to rework S’'Play to be a wrapper for an existing URL-grabber, that happens to be in Python.

Thanks but it’s still 99,9 % tobias work :slight_smile: I’m beginning some work with community input on Imageworks so maybe have a peek and let us know if we’re moving in the wrong direction … https://github.com/poetaster/harbour-simplecrop/issues

It’s mainly usability UI stuff… and don’t fee. obliged :wink:

My pleasure!

Sure. Someone asked me to start contributing to a wiki attempt and I have to dig up what they asked. That was basically what they were asking, too.

In a sense, Martyone basically cleared up all my library packaging confusion with one reply in:

This case is complicated because the PILL library has cpython libs include which in turn link to system libraries. The documenation confused the hell ouf of me but Martyone got me over the hump.

What’s S’'Play?

1 Like

I suspected i was not alone :slight_smile: Thank you.

It is just a small app i made as a WebView wrapper and URL-grabber for svtplay.se, the streaming version of Sweden’s public service TV. Neither the WebView or the gecko-based browser could play the videos there, but i figured out that a QML MediaPlayer could… so i made an app out of it.

Now the regular browser can play those videos, the WebView is terribly slow, and my home-grown URL-grabber keeps breaking… so only some bits around the player are actually better with my app. (Subtitle handling, cropping and Jupii/DLNA integration). I thought i could re-invent it as a handler for a specific domain, now that those are a thing.

The reference collection guy at: [Wiki][Documentation] Inventory of existing SFOS documentation

had asked me, an I’ll do a write-up/overview that I link there!

1 Like

Where’s the repo? I’ll have a look!

The re-do in Python is only at the idea stage. It is still just a pure QML app, with my sub-par URL grabber. Overcoming the packaging woes might just do the trick to get me started with that.

But, for reference, it is here: https://github.com/attah/harbour-s2play
The plan is to integrate this and basically just keep the player part.

Ok, what’s happing with packaging that’s causing you trouble?

Maybe i’m just being silly, and it just works™, but especially in the Cargo case (and when there is a gazillion files, or the dependencies are just pip magic) i just don’t know where to start with packaging it all up.

Ah! I see. I do this ‘the hard way’ ™. I don’t use any build automation or piplines. With python that’s a mess anyway. I go to https://pypi.org/project/Pillow/ (pillow for instance) … and look a the releases. Then I download the arch files and sort through them, put them in {project}/lib/arch/{lib} … and use the python support in the sdk (python.path and so on).

It’s kind of a pain, but then I try to keep to discrete depends.

1 Like

Just a note for those who hadn’t noticed, tp is back :slight_smile: He had begun with:
https://openrepos.net/content/tplabs/imgorganizer

We’re working on him taking back some of his apps and I’ll report here as the the consequences (for repos and so).

Initially he’s going to ‘take back’:

• Losungen
  • The Bible
  • Videoworks
  • MultiCounter
  • Fake Hot Plate

They will be available from: tpLabs | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System and possibly chum.

sorry, but in the confusion Videoworks went away. I’m putting it in the poetaster repository on openrepos since I hope to move things to one repository eventually (too many to maintain with harbour and chum in the works).