High battery drainage Xperia 10 III

Before sending mine for repair, I not only relocked the bootloader and reinstalled the latest official Sony’s Android release, but additionally I disabled the option to allow bootloader unlocking, which is in Developer tools in Android (the one that takes 5 or so taps to be unhidden). Maybe it was left enabled in your case. Or maybe in my case they simply didn’t bother to check if any alien software was ever used.

Anyway, I didn’t send my device for manufacturer’s warranty repair but under merchant’s responsibility for defects (non-compliance with the contract). It is also 2 years, guaranteed by law and it’s much better and simpler to enforce.

Yes, you should. Unless they prove that the defect has virtually any connection with you having ever used any unofficial software.

It did work in Sweden before. Now it does not work anymore.

Of course it is the EU’s fault. They stopped it.

Guess what, you do not need the EU in order to do that.

And I cannot stand parasites.

I think you could make a solid argument that this is authorised by the Sony Open Device program and the use of Sony supplied software tools, unless there was some explicit warning that using Emma and unlocking your phone would invalidate the hardware warrantee.
Ask them if this fault was caused by the Sony tools that you used?
Ask them where Sony contradicts the open devices program, in writing?
Ask them for a refund of the full purchase price as Sony marketed you a device with the explicit promotion of, and with your sole purpose of, availing yourself of the Open Devices program, and you would, obviously, never have bought such a product with no warrantee on the hardware.

I think they would be on pretty weak ground unless they can show something in writing around the open devices program and Emma.

BTW, FreeTSA is a great way to make a timestamped, signed PDF copy of a webpage, so you can capture what Sony offered you, warrantee terms etc, at a particular point in time, and they can’t change it, or realistically argue in court that it never said that. Always use it to capture what the website says, before you draw their attention to it.

1 Like

What’s with the random bashing of things left and right?

Source please!

Where is the relation to battery drain???

4 Likes

Person tried to claim it as a defect under “warranty” (EU-mandated manufacturer responsibility presumably and not actual warranty). Not sure what the explanation model there is TBH.

Please explain who do you consider a parasite.

1 Like

You did not answer which human beings you consider parasites but considering humans parasites is sure enough for me.

The ones who leech off honest peoples work and therefore lifetime, I specified that quite clearly.

1 Like

And there is a relation to Europe or the European Union?
What is your idea how humans considering other humans parasites are supposed to interact?

2 Likes

Not so much to Europe, but very much to the European Union. Noone elected or asked for these people. There is no parliament and the one that is there has no power, so there is no parliament.

I like text. It is much easier to handle sheep people, because they cannot lie about what has been said and what not. Everyone can just read it.

3 Likes

Please stop to flood this forum with your comments about politics!
It’s a nogo that the most threads end in discussions without content which has any relation to tje topic.
That just pisses me off every time.

10 Likes

I thought about disabling bootloader unlocking, but maybe I forgot. I also left it for merchant (Gigantti) and they are trying to wash their hands from this, even from 50€ fee which was obviosly their employees fault for not mentioning possibility of it.

The way I see it, Gigantti owes me 50€ and repair shop owes me a repair. First I’ll contact consumer agency and ask for their statement. This is such a draq.

2 Likes

You know what pisses me off? This bug and how it is being handled. When there is zero response over years this is what you get, pissed off people that piss off people.

Please stop whining and do not make the situation worse by flagging!

By the time you get your right you have wasted massive amounts of time.

Still time far better spent than arguing with you no doubt.

2 Likes

You are not arguing, you are just insulting. Have a good day at the hotline.

1 Like

Status Update of me trying to get warranty repair, this is the screenshot of repair shop Emma and they claim that device slowing down is caused by tampered software. But this was not about slow device, but a battery issue. I checked reviews and the repair company has had pretty shitty reviews with bad argumentation for turning down repair.

Can they actually decect if there has been third party software on device or is that message caused by unlocked bootloader?

Emma actually requires the bootloader to be unlocked (unlike Xperia Companion, which requires it to be locked, no one knows why it is like that), so it surely can’t be the reason of such a message. I’ve never seen it before, even thought I’ve used my 10 III with Emma lots of times, obviously after tampering with its software as much as I could.

After unlocking the bootloader, did you allow the device to go through the user data wiping procedure? If not, that might be the reason of such a message.

I can’t imagine why i wouldn’t have allowed user data wiping procedure. Surely they can’t just say software is tampered without telling exactly how? Or maybe Emma is just getting better at recognizing modified software. This Sailfish on Sony thing is not working very well if they keep denying warrany. But I also used Emma to reflash android and saw n such message, they must have different version on repair shop.