Future of Storeman

No changes on GUI nor shell. Do I need to restart home screen?

Sorry forgot the release, it’s 4.4.0.58

That fixes the download issue, thanks

No.
I assume you downloaded an older version of Storeman Installer, not v1.2.2.
Looking at the error messages more closely, this seems to be SailJail related. Only Storeman Installer ≥ v1.2.2 has a SailJail configuration.
Look at the .desktop file, again: Its last section should start with “[Sailjail]” and the second line disables it. If you do not see that you have an older version.

Just retried everything with the same result, please check my logs:

[root@xa2 Downloads]# curl -o harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm -L https://github.com/storeman-developers/harbour-storeman-installer/releases/download/v1.2.2/harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noar
ch.rpm
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   684  100   684    0     0   1863      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  1868
100 44072  100 44072    0     0  40486      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:--     0
[root@xa2 Downloads]# file harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm
harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm: RPM v3.0 bin ARM
[root@xa2 Downloads]# curl -o harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm -L https://github.com/storeman-developers/harbour-storeman-installer/releases/download/v1.2.2/harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noar
ch.rpm
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   684  100   684    0     0    965      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   966
100 44072  100 44072    0     0  40104      0  0:00:01  0:00:01 --:--:-- 40104
[root@xa2 Downloads]# pkcon install-local harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm 
Installing files                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Testing changes                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Finished                                                                                                                             [                                                                 ] (0%)  
The following packages have to be installed:
 harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch      Storeman Installer for SailfishOS
Proceed with changes? [N/y] y

Installing files                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Starting                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Resolving dependencies                                                                                                                                                                                          
Installing packages                                                                                                                                                                                             
Finished                                                                                                                                                                                                        
Downloaded      harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch (PK_TMP_DIR)          Storeman Installer for SailfishOS
Installed       harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch (PK_TMP_DIR)          Storeman Installer for SailfishOS
[root@xa2 Downloads]# pkcon install-local harbour-storeman-installer-1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm 
[root@xa2 Downloads]# nano /usr/share/applications/harbour-storeman-installer.desktop
[root@xa2 Downloads]# cat /usr/share/applications/harbour-storeman-installer.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
X-Nemo-Application-Type=silica-qt5
Type=Application
Icon=harbour-storeman-installer
Exec=harbour-storeman-installer
Name=Install Storeman
Name[de]=Storeman installieren
Name[es]=Instalar Storeman
Name[et]=Paigalda Storeman
Name[fi]=Asenna Storeman
Name[fr]=Installer Storeman
Name[pl]=Zainstaluje Storeman
Name[ru]=Установить Storeman
Name[sk]=Inštalovať Storeman
Name[sl]=Namesti Storeman
Name[sv]=Installera Storeman
Name[tt]=Storeman'ны урнаштыру

X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.23

[X-Sailjail]
Sandboxing=Disabled
[root@xa2 Downloads]# 

[nemo@xa2 ~]$ /usr/bin/invoker -s --type=generic /usr/bin/harbour-storeman-installer
Error creating textual authentication agent: Error opening current controlling terminal for the process (/dev/tty'): No such device or address (polkit-error-quark, 0) Setting data Querying Refreshing software list Finished Error creating textual authentication agent: Error opening current controlling terminal for the process (/dev/tty’): No such device or address (polkit-error-quark, 0)
Resolving [ ] (0%) Package not found: harbour-storeman
Command failed: This tool could not find any available package: No packages were found
invoker: warning: application (pid=-1) exit(4) signal(0)

1 Like

Also sounds like the Sailjail config is not there: Did you install from Chum testing (the regular Chum repo has an older version)?

On a fresh flashed licensed 4.3.0.15 XA2, 1.2.2-1.noarch.rpm from point 2. installs perfectly, storeman itself too.

1 Like

This is fine: Thank you!
a. I think the polkit errors can be ignored.
b. The background of the “no packages found” is described here: Future of Storeman - #36 by olf

Sorry, “it” - the storeman-installer.

Oh, I installed the regular version. Works fine after upgrading to the release from testing, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Thank you all. Everything seems to be fine.

• @pherjung has Storeman Installer 1.2.2 working nicely on SFOS 4.4.0.58 when installed via the SailfishOS:Chum GUI app, which is manually set to 4.3.0.15. Storeman Installer installs Storeman as it should (thanks to the SailfishOS:Chum testing repo manually set to 4.3.0.15), which in turn is also working fine.
  • @ric9k downloaded and installed the Storeman Installer 1.2.2 manually on SFOS 4.3.0.15 and it woks fine. So does Storeman installed by Storeman Installer, too.

If anybody experiences issues, which are not explained here, please speak up, preferably via an issue report at GitHub.

4 Likes

I installed the latest Storeman rpm, downloaded from github just now (harbour-storeman-0.3.0-2.armv7hl.rpm), and it works perfect on Xperia 10 / 4.4 . Thanks very much!

1 Like

I reflashed before to install Storeman. All ok.
Now, I have to reinstall all storeman apps.
Is there a way to do that at once from command line (as long as I have all the apps names of course) ?
When I search, let’s say gmlocate on CLI, I get nothing.
Thanks
Eric

You should have created a Storeman backup. If you have not done so you will have to install all the packages manually. The problem is that the application name is not always the same as its package name.

I didn’t think of this cool feature. Thanks.
But even, also with the correct package name, I don’t find them on the cli. Are there repos to enable for zypper/pkcon to be able to “see” packages existence?

I’ve forgot to mention it. You need to add all the OpenRepos repositories of the packages you want to install. So, I’m afraid, you have to manually search all these apps in Storeman, enable the appropriate repo for each app and only then install the app.

2 Likes

Hi @olf ! I had success with direct download of harbour-storeman v.4.2 and command line pkcon install.I am running SFOS4.4.

would it be a good idea to link the storeman version to the one of SFOS? Like in Storeman 4.4 is compatible with SFOS 4.4

No, for many reasons.

For example, SailfishOS and Storeman’s development and version numbers are mostly unrelated and hence asynchronous, their versioning scheme is vastly different and that would make a new Storeman release necessary when there is a new SailfishOS release, which usually is not technically required.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this saga continues to be on a bumpy road: The future of Storeman v2

I wish to know how to add the harbour-storeman-obs repository using the command-line.

Checking the source code (bash script) of storeman installer did not help me in answering this questione because that script starts with the assumption such repo is just present and it needs just to be refreshed.

Update

This seems working

source /etc/os-release
url="https://repo.sailfishos.org/obs/sailfishos:/chum"
url="${url}/${VERSION_ID}_$(uname -m)/"
rpo="harbour-storeman-obs"

#RAF: one or another should not make any difference, I did both
if which zypper >/dev/null; then

zypper addrepo -f $url $rpo
	zypper lr | grep -q $rpo && echo OK || echo KO

else

ssu addrepo $url $rpo
	ssu lr | grep -q $rpo && echo OK || echo KO

fi

systemctl restart packagekit #RAF: probably not necessary
pkcon refresh

Is there any other external repository that I can add related to SFOS?

1 Like