Feedback on Jolla C2

C2 came in charged to 50%, charged to 70 % and booted it. Initial setup went ok setting the code but didn’t allow to click ‘connect’ button which did nothing. Had to skip network and therefore account setup. System started and initial tutorial fired. Trying to connect to wifi as usual from settings but it said I should reboot. Before that I tried inserting the sim at this point, which was not discovered, so in the end I rebooted. The phone is stuck on endless boot after typing the correct code.

the C2 is a huge leap forwards into getting serious phone hardware to the community.

I find that the community adaptations are of higher quality than even the official Xperia adaptations. Like suspend doesn’t even work properly on some of the devices, fingerprint crashes out, modem etc. All of this is consistent.

but in the end C2 is an investment into the future of SailfishOS and JollyBoys as a company.

How about investing in community projects, the developers who work hard porting devices, and updating the dated software like the browser, how did they repay the community? By giving them a phone that they have to pay a lot of money for, of course!

I want them to survive as company and have a choice of freedom not bound to either Apple or Google.

As do I, the goal is still and will continue to be the same for all of us.

that our dear sailors will work their ass off to get things right.

By sending people bricked phones? There doesn’t seem to be much QA at Reeder seeing the amount of issues the community have been experiencing. I don’t blame Jolla too much on this.