Community meeting on IRC 18th August 2022

• Name/IRC nick: Jacek Jagosz
  • Topic: Specify which is the officially supported Android 11 version ID for X10 III
  • Some details about the topic: In my opinion the instructions are unclear which version ID users should be on when installing SFOS, and there is a ton of conflicting information. Install guide mentions just Android 11. Flashing guide mentions 62.0.A.3.109. Then users have been recommending updating to the newest possible A11 version - 62.0.A.9.11, first flashing using EMMA and then using OTA. You can even flash directly to that version using different tools and firmware provided by someone. Oh, and some people flashed from Android 12…
    Could you please state the version number you think is the least problematic, or most well tested? Now you have people using 3-4 different versions, and it definitely makes bug tracking really complicated.
  • Approx. time needed: 5 minutes
2 Likes
1 Like

Would this be the correct venue to discuss the wider topic of mobile-data issues on the 10 iii?

I link mine above, but there seem to be at least three or four separate topics on this issue which seem to include:

1. mobile data only working in Sim2
  2. mobile data not working with the same sim and settings that work in an older phone
  3. never receiving that the promised 2nd text from a provider to receive the settings
  4. and more

Hello, there is an excellent template to help to organise the meeting.

Can I ask you to update your comment to fill in the template?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello, there is an excellent template to help to organise the meeting.

Can I ask you to update your comment to fill in the template?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Name/IRC nick: PeegeeTips
  • Topic: Is there a general cause to the various different mobile-data bugs with 10 iii devices?
  • Some details about the topic:

Mobile data tested before and after device flashing on Talkmobile (UK). Mobile data lost at some point afterwards (after reboot? - difficult to be precise as I WFH with wifi. Mobile data on the same sim still works fine on my old XA2 Plus running 4.4.0.64.

Pv4 and IPv6 mobile data connection works as expected on Xperia X (F5121), SFOS 4.4.0.64, with the same SIM card and same APN settings.
No IPv4 mobile data connection with MNO Telekom Deutschland possible.

If you have a mobile data connection with IPv6-only, the mobile data connection remains if a IPv4-only WLAN connection with internet access is established.
The IPv6 default gateway and the name server entry are also retained.
This means that the mobile data connection is still used when an IPv6 address is resolved.

• Approx. time needed: 5m
  • Substitute (optional): n/a
3 Likes

Thanks for your question @PeegeeTips. We would usually repost the details of your question during the meeting, but I need to cut down your summary a bit. Would you mind if we present it as shown below? I’d also suggest bumping the time up to at least 10 minutes, since it’s quite involved, if that’s okay?

4 Likes

Just to reiterate what @pherjung suggested earlier, would you be able to reformat this using the template please @JesusGod-Pope666? Currently it’s not clear to me what your question is, so we won’t be able to include your question in its current form I’m afraid.

@pherjung: thanks for suggesting for people to use the template (it makes a big difference).

5 Likes

No, i’d be delighted. Thank you. PgT

1 Like

Could this bug also be added to the tracked ones? [10 III] Fingerprint sensor stops working after screen gets turned on, but before unlocking the phone

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. Each two weeks only 10 bugs are reported. This is to not surcharge Jolla.

2 Likes

Thank you, good to know

1 Like

Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 18th August 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-08-18-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

A very lively meeting today, thanks to everyone for all of your contributions, especially everyone who joined in person!

3 Likes

thank you for discussing the mobile data issue.

apologies for not being able to attend, in foreign parts at the minute and was not available.

2 Likes

Thanks for raising the issue @PeegeeTips. Hopefully the discussion from the meeting will be useful for you, but if you have followups do feel free to raise them for a future meeting.

1 Like

I got an ofono log ready to send to customer care. Unfortunately, I am also suffering from the USB mode not working bug which is currently preventing me to get it off the phone. I will try via SD card.

1 Like

@jameson: thanks for collecting the logs. if you have a wifi connection then that may also be a route to getting it off your phone (message me if we should discuss this further).

1 Like

Of course I do, I can SSH into the phone. Is there any way to get a file short of installing an FTP server? (Just for information, I got it via SD card.)

scp (or pscp from putty), you can just ‘(p)scp username@ip:/path/to/file .’ and it should copy the file to your current directory

3 Likes

Thanks for the Update on my question on APIs! :slight_smile:

2 Likes