Thanks for this! Absolutely amazing work and there are so many changes.
Issues I have found so far:
- Update forgot my Wifi networks. (maybe it’s good to clear it time to time, but it’s inconvenient)
- closed apps get black background on the desktop and no app image (when you press “back” in Whatsapp to close it for example). They had transparent background and the app icon before.
- orientation lock isn’t synced to the Android (at least when aliendalvik is online). Though, this has not worked for me ever.
Things that do work, which I verified for my self:
- In contrary to @0xb I didn’t need to setup fingerprints again. They don’t work for the first lock screen after bootup, but I think that was a feature.
- Google calendar works now (didn’t work before the update).
- Browser: seems to work faster than before. Thanks for this! At least some sites work better than before (I assume the JS engine got an update). Some GDPR cookie banners were unfunctional before - Thanks for this so much
- Android: I tested most apps I use and they seem to still work
- optional install: Google Play Services, e.g., notifications, seem to still work nicely (my install instructions for those who are willing to lose privacy for better integration for some apps).
p.s. would it be possible to add support for a second squashfs image for the aliendalvik? I’m not yet sure if that would be even possible, probably not. It would be amazing if there was a way to make the Google Play Services an installable package, instead of modifying the official image. Would make it easier for not-so-techy people to get that working too.