Change on Jolla Phone memory configurations going forward

Hello all,

We have an important update regarding the memory configurations of the Jolla Phone.

While there’s been positively recent reports of some cooling down of the memory price increases the market continues to be challenging and volatile, coupled with shortage of supply. Thus, we will be adjusting the available memory configurations Jolla Phones will ship from now onwards. In particular the combo chip of 8/128GB has continued and forecasted shortage of supply, whereas e.g. the 8/256GB chip has better availability for our volumes. Thus we’ll change the minimum configuration from now on to be 8/256GB and will gradually phase out the 8/128GB model. There is no changes to the 12/256GB model - the chip continues to have ok availability and we have been able to also stock those in volume earlier this year :victory_hand:

From September 21, 2026 onwards we’ll also apply a price increase of +30€ to the smaller 8/256GB configuration. The bigger configuration 12/256GB remains at the same price of 749€. Thus, the new prices effective from September 21 will be:

  • 8/256GB model 679€
  • 12/256GB model 749€

Both prices are including your local VAT.

Pre-order customers of Batch #1, #2 and #3

All Batch #1, #2 and #3 orders were originally offered the 12/256GB configuration. Further, we’ve decided to extend the offer for those who have earlier decided to defer their final payment:

  • by completing your final payment by September 20, you will receive the 12/256GB configuration at the price already locked (Batch #1: 499€, Batch #2: 549€, Batch #3: 579€) for your order

If you have not yet completed your final payment, now is the time to act if you want to take advantage of this opportunity. Complete your final payment by September 20 to receive the 12/256GB Jolla Phone at your locked order price.

We’ll be sending individual emails to Batch #1, #2 and #3 pre-order customers who have not completed their final payment.

Pre-order customers of September and October batches

If you have ordered Jolla Phone in the September or October sales batches with the smaller 8/128GB configuration we have good news for you: we’ll upgrade all orders fully paid by September 20 at no extra cost to 8/256GB.

If you have not yet completed your final payment, now is the time to act if you want to take advantage of this opportunity. Complete your final payment by September 20 to receive your Jolla Phone at your locked order price.

October batch pre-order customers: your final payment will be automatically charged from your used payment method on September 20.

Looking forward

We know that changes to product configurations can raise questions and we want to be transparent about why this adjustment is being made. The memory component market continues to be challenging, and this change allows us to manage availability and pricing while continuing to move forward with Jolla Phone deliveries. Please be welcome to follow the updates in the Jolla Blog and join the discussion.

Thank you for your support and for being part of the Jolla community :heart_hands: We look forward to getting your Jolla Phone into your hands :sailboat:

Sincerely,
Jolla Crew

86 Likes

This isn’t good news, this is great news for all the latecomers.

19 Likes

You do not fail to surprise. In a positive way.

9 Likes

Doesn’t change much for me since I went big on the preorder, but great news for the new people placing their orders. :blush:

3 Likes

I feel kind of robbed having already paid full price for the 12/256GB version when all of a sudden others get it for a lot less than I already paid…

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

I’m unsure what you’re talking about. Nobody is getting anything for cheaper. People that ordered 8/128GB are getting 8/256GB for the same price as they paid for the 8/128GB variant. And people that ordered the 12/256GB variant are still getting 4 gigs of extra RAM for paying more. I don’t see the issue.

19 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile:
I thought this meant that they get the 12/256GB version for the 8/128GB price, but I understand now that those prices were probably the price for the 12/256GB version at the time?:

”by completing your final payment by September 20, you will receive the 12/256GB configuration at the price already locked (Batch #1: 499€, Batch #2: 549€, Batch #3: 579€) for your order”

Sorry for being such a negative twat, I’ll do better :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

13 Likes

Yes

Batches 1 through 3 got the 12/256GB for the listed prices. After that Jolla announced that memory prices were getting too expensive for those prices so anyone pre-ordering after batch 3 could either order 8/128GB or pay extra for the 12/256GB version. With this update Jolla is announcing that it is easier to source 8/256GB than 8/128GB so anyone that pre-ordered the 8/128GB model in the September I, II and October batches is getting an upgrade to the 8/256GB model for free.

Your quote regarding the prices is regarding the people that have pre-ordered in batch 1,2 and 3 but have chosen to defer their final/complete payment. As these people pre-ordered in batch 1,2 and 3 they would have gotten the 12/256GB model regardless. Jolla is simply telling these people that they need to complete their payment by September 20th to actually get their pre-ordered model/memory configuration at the advertised prices for batch 1,2 and 3 respectively.

Edit: re-reading your comment, I think this is basically what you were saying, my apologies.

10 Likes

Yeah, but good explanation, may clear things up for others :+1:

7 Likes

How do I contact you?

I tried completing my order in April. The money was taken from my credit card but no order confirmation or order on my shop.jolla account. I created a ticket on your zendesk. I emailed shop@jolla.com about this. Nothing. No answer. No phone. No repayment.

What am I supposed to do? Go to Helsinki and knock on your door?

You’d did and I am not in Helsinki. Even Jolla is not.

Reading more than 3 Minutes before posting and choosing the right thread might reveal answers to your questions.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome,
Try checking out this thread starting from this point or reading the entire post.

As you read through it, you might find that your problem is already covered there—potential solutions are also described.
Good luck resolving your issue.

1 Like

The Jolla 2 is not sold through shop.jolla.com but through commerce.jolla.com

Check there to see the order. If you used a different e-mail for the pre-order and the order this is the most common reason for delays.

You should have received confirmation mails: 1 for the pre-order and 1 for the final order (complete your payment). Check your spam/unwanted folders although they might have been cleared since April.

5 Likes

A fine way to handle the shortage!

5 Likes

I have completed the pre-order payment but still not received an email on how to complete the final payment. How can I complete the final payment if not emailed to me?

Can you log in to commerce.jolla.com and check the status there. Can you proceed with the order there?

There was someone else in a similar situation in another forum topic.

Tagging @Jolla to call your attention to this matter. Given the deadline of Sept 20th to lock in the memory configuration, it might be good to ensure the instructions are clear and mails have been sent out.

1 Like

I only have an option to Buy Again - e.g another order with a pre-order. I need a button to complete the final payment. Current status says I need to: Your payment is due in 4 days

€568,90 EUR

Payment due 20 Sept

This order was partially paid. You have a remaining balance.

BUT HOW??? @Jolla

If you cannot guide the second payment in time and I then have to pay more for the same product I initially ordered because @jolla is not responding to the two e-mails I also sent I will request a refund. I will not pay more due to lack of response from Jolla!

Seems like a smart way to handle a rough memory market. Any chance the Jolla phone is going to come to the US? I know of at least a few people that would jump at the opportunity to run Sailfish on a well designed device.

2 Likes

Many did. With some mail forwarding.

3 Likes

Mail forwarding is certainly an option but buying directly from Jolla would certainly be preferable!