Can't edit old posts

While I understand the motivation of the functionality it’s quite frustrating for people at the “basic user” TL. It’s a shame that Discourse doesn’t differentiate between TL0 and TL1 in the settings for this.

Right now I want to edit my post to add a poll.

I think I have reached all the TL2 criteria apart from this:

“Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially”

The sequential statement worries me: I am reading this forum daily. Does that mean I’m never going to reach the requirement or does it mean I just need to open new browser sessions over the course of 15 days?! Either way I now have to twiddle my thumbs for 4 days to see what happens.

Oh no, you misunderstood it. It means that you don’t have to visit on 15 sequential days. But you can.

Phew, that’s good. A bit of weird way to phrase that IMO, most people wouldn’t assume the requirement to be sequential unless it was qualified as such e.g. “15 days in a row.”.

Anyway, I shall patiently wait 4 days and then add my poll :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve waited it out but still seem to be at TL1 “basic user”. Based on the Discourse docs I think I should be at TL2 “trusted user” now right?

The TL2 criterion “Members keep coming back to your community over a series of weeks” makes me wonder if visiting for 15 consecutive days is ,in fact ,enough.
The page seems to give an imprecise definition here. Doesn’t help get your poll going , but maybe a lead for searching on Discourse site ?