Camera capture button not working

REPRODUCIBILITY: 50
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 III
UI LANGUAGE: English
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

Camera capture button on screen sometimes not working, click it no response given, advanced camera too, reboot the phone to fix. This case happen randomly…

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Launch jolla camera / advanced camera
  2. click the capture button on screen
  3. no response when click it

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Just for completeness, does any other input work when the camera is active, e.g. switch camera mode etc.

Other input is working, only capture button no response when i click it, tried switch photo and video mode, still not helping

1 Like

Is this maybe the same bug?

weird as it may sound, this IS the same bug. its caused by the camera refusing to focus.
here is my almost-workaround:

1. use advanced-camera
  2. select ‘manual focus’
  3. modify advanced-camera to only focus if you long-press
    Camera refuses to take picture on 10 III (focus hangs) - #12 by teleshoes
  4. when you open the camera, you can immediately snap a pic with default focus
  5. point the camera at something the same distance away but NOT MOVING. long-press for focus, wait for green circle, then move the camera back to the moving target and snap away.
  6. put the phone back in your pocket with the screen still on, so you can take more photos without having to refocus
  7. buy a new phone with android and have a working fricken camera, because jolla’s approach to having a working camera is “our amazing community” will “develop a solution” (i am about 70% joking, but i am actually fairly annoyed at how bad the camera still is, two releases in)
1 Like

Look like yes!!!

Thanks for raising this @TMavica, and also for confirming that it’s the same bug below as suggested by @nephros.

To encourage all the discussion of this bug to happen in the same place I’m closing the topic here, but if anyone objects, please send me a direct message and I can open it again.

1 Like