Bugs in patches for Patchmanager

Please mark (“select”) the everything in the second post of this thread between the ***Start*** and ***End*** markers, hit the "Quote button (needs JavaScript enabled), delete the first line (which contains [quote="olf, post:2, topic:8553"]), also delete the very last line (which only contains [/quote]), then fill out the resulting form.

Only file bugs for patches here (i.e., not bugs for the Patchmanager proper), but read this first:

• Bugs which occur with patches offered as RPMs at Openrepos must be filed at their corresponding Openrepos page.
  • For bugs which occur with patches from the Web Catalog, check if the specific patch offers a “discussion” or “sources” link on its detailed patch information page in Patchmanager where you can file a bug report, otherwise please file it here.
1 Like

***Start***

PATCH NAME (Settings > Patchmanager):
PATCH VERSION (Settings > Patchmanager > patch details):
SailfishOS VERSION (Settings > About product):
PATCHMANAGER VERSION (Settings > Patchmanager > About):

BUG DESCRIPTION

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(Please consider which other pieces of information may be relevant, e.g. denote if this is not always reproducible, if it is a regression, attach relevant data such as log files or the systemd journal, provide screenshots etc.)

***End***

1 Like

Not sure if applicable, but I wonder about:

I have aarch64 device, and many patches fail with ‘couldn’t find file to patch’, because the unified_diff is written to patch /usr/lib/…, but I have /usr/lib64/…, so it seems that if I just change that code to “lib64”, then the patch should work. However, it still fails with the same message…
(I know I can manually apply with “patch” command, but I wonder why this isn’t working)…

Thanks

Definitely applicable, there is this bug already in progress https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/issues/71

What particular patch are you trying?

Hi Levone1, I have a pinephone and I want to install the force cover size patch. Patchmanager doesn’t work at all on the PP. Could you tell me how to manually apply with “patch” command, as mentioned above. TIA

@defactofactotum what patchmanager version do you have?

It doesn’t say on the About page! But I installed it last week so it should be 3.1.0…works ok on my xz2c but the pinephone just shows a spinner for web catalogue

devel-su patch -R -p1 -d / -i /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/(whatever_patch_directory)/unified_diff.patch

I’ve found 5 or 6 of recent patch updates that are coded for /usr/lib/… “smooth remorse…” "glass buttons…“return old pulley…” “home carousel…” et al.

Thanks, but syntax is not clear to me. Can you give an example for “(whatever_patch_directory)”?

go to /usr/share/patchmanager/patches and you’ll see directories for each of your installed patches…

still no luck

[defaultuser@PinePhone ~]$ devel-su patch -R -p1 -d / -i /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/eugenio-force-largecover
s/unified_diff.patch
Password:
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/HomeLayer.qml
Hunk #1 FAILED at 78.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 88.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED – saving rejects to file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/HomeLayer.qml.rej
patching file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/SwitcherLayer.qml
…+ 4 more FAILED

Interesting - that patch works fine for me as-is… I think you might be using the old version from Openrepos… @ade has an updated version in PM web catalog…