Patchmanager patches in Koli 4.0.1

since update, patchmanager loads but none of the patches would install / apply. Not even MeeCalc transparent background which should work in 4.0.1.45. Am I missing anything, or is patchmanager currently not functional?

5 Likes

Patchmanager is definitely “semi-broken” in 4.0.1 for me as well.
Patches can be enabled & disabled, but they won’t take effect until the phone is rebooted. The “restart preloaded services” option also doesn’t seem to have any effect.

As I understand the whole patch complex is repaired from the patch guys like @coderus when a real release is out (no actions on early releases). The new release 4.0.1 is out now, so stay tuned…

1 Like

EA is fine, but unfortunately no free time yet to work on my sfos projects. No eta can be given.

7 Likes

@coderus this will be fine for me too of course.
Better to take your time than ad hoc scatterbrains…

thank you very much! No hurry, I was just wondering what might be the case here :wink:

Anyone to try patchmanager sfos4 build from here?

7 Likes

@coderus: Thanks a lot!
Quickly checking Patchmanager’s basic functions (especially those reported to be broken), it seems to work fine (RPM for armv7hl from CI on an XperiaXA2+@SFOS4.0.1).

P.S.: I was not aware (until downloading and installing its current artefact, triggered by your notice), that you have a CI pipeline running for Patchmanager at Github: nice!

P.P.S. (reading the comments below): I had all patches unapplied before upgrading SailfishOS!

P.P.P.S.: See my addendum.

1 Like

yeah i meant download artifact from ci and try it :))

hmm, took olf’s artifact link, installed it. all patches are failing.
did reboot: again.

unreversed patch detected :frowning:

i thought that can not happen with PM3

do you have sfos 4 compatible patches? :slight_smile:
try my launcher combined from catalog, just uploaded

you can remove /etc/patchmanager2.conf to forget previously applied patches and reboot

force cover size should be.
tried your latest launcher: same here.

no this is rather due to the unreversed, i have to delete something right ?
need to google what it was

working on it :slight_smile:
rebooting

one post above :slight_smile: 20 chars

did not work for me

multiple reboots, uninstall / install of launcher combined did not work neither

This isn’t working for me either :frowning:
Installed PM3 from the artefact on github, now showing as v 3.0.1-1
Same errors of previously applied patches.
Removed /etc/patchmanager2.conf
Removed other patches, and rebooted, but still no joy.

The log is below, but I should add I have never had PM< 3.0 on this device since it was freshly flashed when 3.4 came out.

Feb 18 16:55:30 Xperia10Plus-DualSIM dbus-daemon[5372]: dbus-daemon[5372]: [session uid=100000 pid=5372] Successfully activated service 'org.SfietKonstantin.patchmanager'
Feb 18 16:55:30 Xperia10Plus-DualSIM systemd[5355]: Started Patchmanager startup dialog.
Feb 18 16:55:30 Xperia10Plus-DualSIM g[6149]: [W] show:21 - Show called!
Feb 18 16:55:30 Xperia10Plus-DualSIM lipstick[5533]: [D] unknown:0 - Specified Desktop file does not exist "/usr/share/applications/patchmanager-dialog.desktop"
...skipping...
                                                         11 out of 11 hunks ignored
                                                         checking file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherGrid.qml
                                                         Unreversed patch detected!  Ignore -R? [n] 
                                                         Apply anyway? [n] 
                                                         Skipping patch.
                                                         4 out of 4 hunks ignored
                                                         checking file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/launcher/LauncherView.qml
                                                         Apply anyway? [n] 
                                                         Skipping patch.
                                                         2 out of 2 hunks ignored
                                                         checking file usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/layers/LauncherLayer.qml
                                                         Apply anyway? [n] 
                                                         Skipping patch.
                                                         1 out of 1 hunk ignored

exactly the same error here

tried to uninstall it but does not work, then i killed pm, tried to uninstall : again no luck.
rebooted.

there is one difference though: before update to 3.0.1 it would not show the apply dialog. now it does.

so, i did remove all patches, tried to clean up also from terminal, installed exactly one patch and that failed again.

1 Like

so maybe patch is applied but doesnt appear as applied in the gui?

then i would see the result or ?
in this case the launcher …

where would i see if a patch was installed ?
/tmp/patchmanager is rather empty and so are the other folders like
/usr/share/patchmanager/patches

did you applied patch manually to rootfs somehow? install patch and unapply it with patch -R -p1 -d / -i /usr/share/patchmanager/patches/patch/unified_diff.patch