Bluetooth Support in Android

Audio works, but data does not. But chances are that this will chane.

LineageOS does not support Xperia 10 iii, seehttps://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/#sony

…by virtue of having nothing to do with coming from the Android runtime.
Sailfish OS can do Bluetooth audio, that’s all that is at play here.

Bluetooth is not as simple as just being “audio” and “data”.

What makes you say that?

Because Jolla’s focus is on supporting Android apps.

2 Likes

I read the Jolla documentation and they were bigging up their Android support, so I assumed that would include Bluetooth. There was no mention that Android support did not include Bluetooth support .

This thread seems to already have been running for two years. Proper Bluetooth support may well be added at some point, but who knows when

2 Likes

Until some years the Bluetooth-Audio-Only-Support in Android-Support was enough for the most cases.
But with increasing Products that require Bluetooth-Auth and/or Connection (Public rent Scooter & Bicycle, Dashcams, DHL Packstation…etc) it becomes more and more important.

Waydroid doesn´t support it also, so the Problem might be the missing Link/Bridge between it.

If Jolla focus on their Cashcow Car-Dashboard-Support for Android-Apps maybe that functionality isn´t needed there, this is just my guess!

I hope i’m wrong with my opinion and we can profit from a further development in full BT-Support for Android-Apps and hopefully a stand-alone-solution for Android-Support in SFOS-Ports.

11 Likes

I remember someone wondered if it could be possible to have the bluetooth switched from Sailfish to the Android side. This would be enough for me even if it required a reboot as I rarely use bluetooth audio. It would make so many things possible that are impossible now…

5 Likes