Bluetooth Support in Android

Is it possible to add full support for bluetooth for android apps (e.g. for connectivity to 3rd party devices, file transfers, etc). I read somewhere that it is currently not supported. If there is some setting/tweak to enable full android bluetooth that I missed, please let me know!

I find the limited bluetooth support the only limitation to the android stack on SFOS. It seems android can only connect to bluetooth music players, which means apps for file/image transfer or other purposes won’t work. As nice as it would be to have all native apps, some 3rd party android apps are useful.

10 Likes

+1

I have the same feature request: Please add SPP (Serial Port Profile) to the bluetooth stack. I’m missing a way to connect to external hardware like OBD-dongles in Android mode.

I asked Jolla support about whether it’s technically possible and planned to add SPP. Although this was a simple question, they did not find it necessary to answer it. Instead they suggested that i create a feature request. Good support works differently…

1 Like