Aurora store stopped searching

Aurora has issues with anonymous login and they try to fix it.
You can create a dummy Google account and use that instead of anonymous login and it works perfectly fine even with search.

2 Likes

Thanks, I followed your advice, it works as expected.

2 Likes

Their anonymous accounts are rate limited now.

1 Like

Yes, Aurora Store has stopped working entirely in anonymous mode - at least for me. Fortunately, there is APKPure which works well. Unlike Uptodown, it seems that APKPure has full search access for all apps in the playstore.

1 Like

Aurora also works perfectly fine with Google account, search and everything.
Anonymous login was nice, but we still use Google accounts that someone else created and has access to that claims “he doesn’t check personal data other than your IP”, so we have to take it for what it’s worth.
APKpure had reports for malware if I remember correctly, so I would recommend checking before using it.

2 Likes

Hum !
I found any legal mentions for Apk Pure: no tva number, no registered office address… nothing.
For Aptoid you can find. It’s a portuguese company.

So I prefer Aptoid than Apk Pure.

And with Apk Pure i have very bad “souvenirs” …
So for the moment i prefer Aptoide until Aurora Store comes back.

2 Likes

This was fixed 2 years ago.

1 Like

But Aptoide is like Uptodown - it doesn’t have a full search capability for all apps.

1 Like

Aurora is back !!! I think.

The issue is closed now.
And it is a very good news :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good news that. I had to create a dummy account to search for apps. Actually already forgot the username ahah

1 Like

There’s a new Aurora Store release 4.2.3, where anonymous login works again.

5 Likes

And 4.2.2 also works again like a charm.

1 Like

I just installed 4.3.2 and got rate limited after 1 download. Anyone else?

1 Like

Yes, me to. Don’t know what the limits are, as I was just testing. Don’t really use android apps, except from mandatory banking apps.

1 Like

Others reported here, already, that the provided fake/anonymous accounts are quickly exhausted on their activity limit. So the way to go is to set up your own (fake) account on Google play and enter the data there.
Since I switched to my (dumy) account, that I only use for Aurora, I don’t have issues with Aurora anymore.

1 Like

Well, that’s the obvious solution, of course, but the thing about the anonymous account is to avoid having to register anything at all.
As soon as I register an account (even a fake account) I become instantly (more) traceable.

3 Likes

Your IP (and probably other identifiers too) is sent to Google when you use “anonymous” login, which is a fancy way to say that you are using a stranger’s bot account.
You can search their telegram channels for more info if you are interested.

1 Like

And that is one reason I always use a VPN.
I don’t say I’m untraceable, I’m just reducing the data they can get by default.

2 Likes

You’re right, however this is not an issue of Aurora, its policies enforced by Google.
Of course, many of us enjoyed using anonymous accounts. It seems it was too popular.

There’s probably not much, that stops you to share your dummy account with others to dilute your traces.

3 Likes

So Google stopped that. Well, we we’ll use dummy accounts then… But… This means more Google accounts… that’s not good actually

2 Likes