Some background :
- I never liked Android from the beginning!
- I was a big Ubuntu Touch fan from Day #1 because of Convergence
- The whole Maemo/Tizen/etc. story is known to me but sadly did not become what I hoped they would…
- Linux and BSD are a big part of my life.
- I have discovered Jolla Sailfish only last year…
- Since two weeks or so Sailfish 3.4.x.x is running on my Xiaomi Mi 9T which I specially bought as a used phone to be able to test Sailfish on it
It’s a Community Port basically and has a batterydrain issue!
I really like the OS and wish I could use it on phones that look similar when it comes to their design and specifications!
For example :
- Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro
- Pocophone F2 Pro
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7T Pro
Or any other phone that :
- Does NOT have a notch!
- Does NOT have a hole in it’s screen!
- Is not a bananaphone++ phone like most Sony phones are…
Also : I have always disliked Sony as a brand!
Is there ANY chance Jolla Sailfish will consider other phones to be officially supported phones and start selling official Jolla Sailfish Licenses for them ?!
I would for example gladly buy a € 50 costing license for my Xiaomi Mi 9T at the moment!