Android does not have permissions/access to memory anymore

Hello, as the title suggest, appsupport is not able to access the memory anymore, for example sailfish gallery is not able to display android storage anymore (last item in the gallery main page grid) or i’m unable to look for files shot/created/saved with appsupport

I’m on a regular xa2 and it’s been happening from 4.6 so it’s clearly a regression

Suggestions? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also realized this with Open Camera and A better Camera, in the times i could choose the sd card, but now only a local directory is possible…

1 Like

Thank you for reporting. Culprit found.
See Android_storage permissions - #21 by jovirkku

5 Likes

SD-card not accessible for Android apps. So PDF documents on SD card not readable with Android PDF reader app. Xperia 10 / SFOS 4.6.0.13

Hmm. On my Xperia 10 II which has a 32 GB VFAT memory card, Adobe Acrobat Reader can show PDF files (and pictures) residing on the card. The same on an Xperia 10 III (an ext4 card, 128 GB) but a different PDF reader.
Both of my phones have Sailfish “4.6.0.14”, i.e. the next update.

2 Likes

Will try to activate developer updates on my testphone…

edit: Now I flashed my testphone to 4.6.0.13, dev mode is active and and also Fremdsoftware. It’s linked to another SF account (Star.Trek). On this SF account also Early Access is activated. But Settings/Updates says 'No update available"! What can I do to get the early access update?

Found it in Developer options, but what is a SSU-Domain? Leaving it empty shown ‘host needs authentication’. Is the username and PW the same as for Jolla account?

I think the announced version 4.6.0.14 hasn’t been released to early access yet…
At least I havn’t seen a release listing

1 Like

Currently “yes”, see https://coderus.openrepos.net/whitesoft/sailversion

1 Like

The SSU section in Settings > Developer tools, including “Enable developer options” is reserved for testing in our company, by our folks. It is not available for external people. Please wait for the Early Access releases.

Yes, it is still a work in progress. It has not been announced, it was just mentioned by me in my comment to make a distinction to the last public release 4.6.0.13. I also referred to it as “the next update”.
Sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for explaining these details, so I’ll simply wait until the testphone indicates an available update.