OS VERSION: 220.127.116.11
HARDWARE: Both X10 III and XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: Polish, English
Switching between ambiences causes that rintone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings of the former ambience (be it configured sound files or the “No sound” option) replace/overwrite sound settings of the latter one. Only calendar and chat sound settings remain intact.
Movie 1: “No sound” option from the first ambience overwrites ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sounds of the second ambience.
Moviie 2: Sound files of the first ambience (in this case “Silent.mp3”) overwrite rintone, SMS, email and alarm clock of the second ambience.
Additionally, upon reboot, in active ambience, sound settings of ringing tone, SMS, alarm clock and email disappear, only chat and calendar sound settings are preserved.
As illustrated on these screenshots: Ambience sound settings get lost/overwritten when switching between ambiences - #21 by wetab73
This actually affects usability of the entire ambience system and makes it completely unreliable.
- Have an ambiance with ringtone, SMS, email and/or alarm clock sounds set to e.g. the “No sound” option (as in this case it will be the most apparent)
- Have another ambience with ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sounds enabled (e.g. for day use).
- Switch to the ambience which has the tones disabled (set to “No sound”).
- Switch back to the ambience which used to have ringtone/SMS/email/clock sounds enabled.
- Notice that there are no audible notifications for ringtone, email, SMS and/or alarm clock because their sound settings got changed to “No sound”.
- It replaces/overwrittes the same way not just the “No sound” option but ANY sound file of the second theme with the sounds of the former one.
An ambience’s ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings should be preserved and the corresponding notifications should be set and used when an ambience is switched.
When switching from one ambience to another, sound settings of the former ambience replace/permanently overwrite sound settings of the latter one. Only calendar and chat sounds remain unaffected.
This bug affects ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings. Calendar and chat sounds are correctly preserved between ambiences.