OS VERSION: 188.8.131.52
HARDWARE: Both X10 III and XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: Polish, English
Switching to an ambience which has sounds (any or all) for ringtone, SMS, email and/or alarm clock disabled (set to “No sound”) and then switching back to any other ambience changes its ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings to “No sound” - both in ambience’s settings and in Settings / Sounds and notifications. The only unaffected settings are chat and calendar sounds. This happens on every switch from an ambience with disabled ringtone, SMS and/or email tones to an ambience where those sounds used to be enabled, resulting in no sound for incoming calls, SMS, email and/or alarm clock, and thus missed important communication.
Only chat and calendar sound settings are preserved.
- Have an ambiance with ringtone, SMS, email and/or alarm clock sounds set to “No sound” (e.g. for night use).
- Have another ambience with ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sounds enabled (e.g. for day use).
- Switch to the ambience which has the tones disabled (set to “No sound”).
- Switch back to the ambience which used to have ringtone/SMS/email/clock sounds enabled.
- Notice that there are no audible notifications for ringtone, email, SMS and/or alarm clock because their sound settings got changed to “No sound”. This happens to those settings which were set to “No sound” in the ambience you switched from.
An ambience’s ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings should be preserved and the corresponding notifications should be set and used when an ambience is activated.
When switching from an ambience with ringtone, SMS, email or alarm clock sounds disabled, those sounds get also disabled in the ambience one is switching to, resulting in “No sound” setting for all these notifications. Only chat and calendar sound settings are preserved.
The sound files are actually still remembered and their names are still shown as “Current sound”, but inactive (greyed out) and with the “No sound” option enabled instead.
Clearly, when switching between ambiences, there is a bug in the code that restores the correct sound file but forgets to disable the “No sound” option for it.
This bug affects ringtone, SMS, email and alarm clock sound settings. Calendar and chat sounds are correctly preserved between ambiences.