[4.4.0.58][Meecast][Bug] Event view not working

Added rpm files for armv7hl.

1 Like

I’ve got Meecast working on my 10iii thanks to the help from this thread.

I’ve added a couple of locations using yr.no as the weather source, mainly becauseyr.no offered locations unavailable on the other providers. Unfortunately as mentioned in another post yr.no doesn’t work. Now I cannot find a way to delete these locations even after trying the tip provided by @Ahtisilli

Are there any other tips for fixing this problem?

In the manage locations screen there are invisible delete buttons at the right screen edge for each listed location. They are aligned with the enable gps radio button.

Thanks, :+1: just found that by looking at an armv7hl.version of Meecast on my Xperia X to see where the delete icon was.

It would be nice to add the icon to see that exact spot. I manged to delete the location below the one I wanted to delete by “fishing around” trying to find the right spot on the screen. Is it just a matter of enabling the icon as suggested by @Ahtisilli?

Sorry, I didn’t noticed this issue until now. As @davidrasch said, the button is there, only the icon is missing, I guess because path to icon isn’t right for sfos4. I will fix it asap, or if you prefer, you can do @Ahtisilli suggestion.

1 Like

I also started to use MeeCast again for having the working widget in events view (which I dropped for general use some time ago because I switched to poetaster’s German Weather Service app). It’s great to have the weather directly accessible again, however, I observe an issue with the screen which I already had in the past, namely a frequent vanishing of all content, such that I can only see the background picture. It’s just a brief flicker before the content returns. Does anybody else have that issue, and is there a known fix for that?

I had similar behavior when I enabled lockscreen option from settings. Is possible that you have this option enabled in your config? That was the reason that I removed this option in rpm files I’ve built.

I actually have. I misinterpreted the setting for lockscreen as activate meecast in events view. thank you for pointing this out.

I had just cloned the original repo thinking to push it to chum, and only now noticed you had already done some work on it. Do you think I should clone your repo, make chum mods (push PRs to you) and then try releasing on chum? Thanks for your efforts!

1 Like

Thank you @carmenfdezb for your reply and even more importantly thank you for the work you have done on Meecast.

I tried the @Ahtisilli suggestion but it didn’t work. I will give it another go but it would be nice to see the app fixed.

While I have your attention, is there any way to get the yr.no option going again as it has a good selection of locations for my country and or add more countries to the Foreca weather source? My country, New Zealand is missing from Foreca, yet I know Foreca has good coverage for me.

Thank you for your efforts and help.

1 Like

Hi @poetaster, it’s a great idea! Yes, of course, you can clone my repo, but take a look this issue opened by @olf in Github about the fixes I’ve done for SaifishOS4 before.
OTOH, I have to fix delete icon too, I will do this afternoon.

1 Like

Hi @AlanBreen! I’ve updated harbour-meecast-1.1.32-1.aarch64.rpm and harbour-meecast-1.1.32-1.armv7hl.rpm .
In relation to yr.no, it seems that this service takes data from http://www.yr.no/sted/%s/varsel.xml and it is discontinued and I don’t know how to add more countries to foreca source either, sorry.

5 Likes

Thank you for making those changes and for doing it so quickly.

Thank you also for the feedback on Foreca and yr.no

I took a look at the yr.no website and it appears they made changes a year or so ago to some of the feeds used by developers. They appear to have quite good support for developers. When I get some time I will do some more digging. I’m no developer but if it’s just a matter of changing one url feed to another from within Meecast I might be able to figure that out.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. The app works now. Will we soon find this application in the Jolla store or, even better, in Chum?

1 Like

@poetaster is considering to add Meecast to Chum, so I think thatit will be available there.

1 Like

One question. Looks like sfos4-fixes is already merged to master. So, just fork master? EDIT, err, wrong. I think I need to use the sfos4-fixes branch, n’est pas?

No, it’s merged to sailfishos branch from original project in Github

1 Like

I mean that vasvlad finally merged all my changes to original project in Github

Sorry, another stupid question. Did you merge changes from sailfishos branch into your master? I assumed this but get a lot of build errors on that branch on chum.

Also, did you do your builds with the SDK and upload to github (doesn’t look like and github actions?).

Thanks!

Sorry for all the confusion. No, I didn’t merge any branch in my project. I only cloned sailfishos branch in my project with name sfos4-fixes and I made all my changes in sfos4-fixes. Vasvlad asked me a pull request and he merged from my sfos4-fixes branch into sailfishos.
I built all rpms with the SDK. You have to use sailfishos branch instead of master branch from original project.

1 Like