[4.4.0.58][Meecast][Bug] Event view not working

Hi,

I just reinstall my XA2 with latest SFOS release and I’m now trying to make Meecast event view working. So, using Storeman, I have installed Meecast, Meecast daemon and Meecast eventview.

Meecast itself works pretty well (I was just adding the “magic” section in his .desktop file to optout from SailJail because Meecast was not able to detect his daemon in Settings > Appearance > Lockscreen widget, I guess an extra permission is needed, probably AppLaunch).

But when I try to use Meecast eventview, I enable it in sfos general settings (in Events view > Weather) and in events view itself I just see “Meecast” (Big, theme color), then next line “Meecast” (small, light gray) and at bottom right “Last update: undefined”… :grimacing:

So I guess the “eventview” part of Meecast is unable to communicate with the daemon. What should I do to make it works?

Getting the same “Last update: undefined”.
But I can’t even update inside the app itself. Non of the weather provider seem to work.
On top of that I can’t even delete any locations due to the missing delete button.
Maybe the great Meecast finally isn’t usable any more. :cry:

32-bit/4.5.0.19: FMI, Foreca, OpenWeatherMap and GPS (The Weather Channel) work, yr.no doesn’t, I haven’t tried others.

The delete button is there, just tap blindly or
[root@Sailfish-XA2 nemo]# cd /usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/meegotouch/z1.75/icons
[root@Sailfish-XA2 icons]# ln -s icon-m-delete.png icon-l-delete.png

Event View seems to be working:

Edit:
64-bit: FMI and Foreca work. On the 10 III it wouldn’t update in the app or Event View but started working after a couple of
pkill meecast
in Terminal.

If the phone gets hot or eats the battery like crazy AND top shows a lot of MeeCast related processes, kill the MeeCast daemon.

Same problem in 4.5.0.21.

When I run meecastd in terminal, i have these errors:

I have checked the meecast binaries in /usr/bin and found references to paths with nemo user. I created a symbolic link from defaultuser home to nemo and the event view is working.

This sounds good. Could you write down the code for Terminal to create such link. I think many users will use now meecast because the jolla event weather is down. Thanks in advance. Also the Logo from the used source are not show in meecast under 64bit? Maybe also for this we need a link…?

1 Like

ln -s /home/defaultuser /home/nemo
should do the job.

2 Likes

Thanks the link is created now, but its not work for me :frowning:

The link works for me, on Xperia 10 iii with the latest 4.5.0.21 release, and with the modern ‘defaultuser’ home directory rather than the older ‘nemo’. The meecast app seems far more functional than the Jolla Foreca based one, and seeing that they presumably have to pay for access, maybe a good idea would be to re-invigorate and support the meecast solution instead.

1 Like

I have a Sony Xperia 10 ii with 4.5.0.21 but it not work.
I have now follow link under nemo:
and I have insalled follow apps from https://openrepos.net/
Under home/defaultuser/.share… I could not find files? Is that normal?

I have already checked and in Sony Xperia 10 II with 4.5.0.21 it does work.
/home/defaultuser/.share doesn’t exist do you mean /home/defaultuser/.local/.share ?
Have you reboot (the easiest way)your phone?

For me, I have the following 64 bit packages installed…

You only have to install the following 64 bit packages - the daemon, events view and lock screen; the rest (non64 bit) on OpenRepos seemed to get ticked anyway.

1 Like

Restart phone after installing these packages - presumably to start the Meecast daemon process.

2 Likes

Never use absolute links, if you do not have an explicit reason to do so!
Also, always use symbolic (“soft”) links, if you do not have an explicit reason to use a “hard” link. But that is already the case here.

Hence do:

cd /home
devel-su
ln -s defaultuser nemo
4 Likes

I found the reason. The folder Nemo was created from me in root and only root could write. Meecast have to create a .cache folder in nemo and this was blocked. Now it works perfekt. Thanks all helpers and a nice rest weekend.

1 Like

How to remove meecast? I’ve tried to remove but no luck. Meecast is shown in event view but no location.

I’ve done some fixes on meecast source code, and I built it for aarch64.
If someone want to install rpm files:

Later, I will update files for armv7hl.

11 Likes

You have to reboot your phone or restart homescreen.

2 Likes

Thanks for your instructions. Now it works.