4.2 / XA2 Plus - phone periodically loses access to mobile data - requires a restart to fix things

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): Daily
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE: EN (GB)
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No, happened on 4.1 too

DESCRIPTION:

In the house on wifi - no problems noticed > leave the house - try browser and get no connection > check top bar and see no “3G” present > try clicking on Mobile Data “Sim 1” but just spins then stops > so i opt to restart phone - at which point mobile data is enabled again > Wait for cycle to repeat…

PRECONDITIONS:

Possibly being on wifi first, as the SFOS then de-prioritises Mobile Data, but this is speculation.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Leave wifi signal
  2. Then check if 3G is still showing
  3. Try to reconnect Mobile Data

EXPECTED RESULT:

If Mobile Data is lost, i’d expect to be able to re-enable it by selecting the Sim card as SFOS UI prompts user to do

ACTUAL RESULT:

Mobile Data lost, and unable to reconnect as choosing sim just causes SFOS UI to sandtimer then return to previous state.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

N/A

3 Likes

Used to happen from time to time, but now on an regular basis. Even if I only use mobile data, the connection is easily lost. I have to restart my phone several times a day when I am out and about having to rely on my mobile data. My phone XA2; 4.2

1 Like

This problem has not changed since the upgrade to 4.3.

1 Like