REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): No

DESCRIPTION:

Call recorder not works, and did not given file recorde

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem, but that app hasn’t been updated since 2017 and I’m not sure if the developer still maintains it.

Are you both referring to the same functionality/app? Because there is the abandoned app called “call recorder”, but Sailfish as well as the built-in functionality of recording calls, which needs to be activated in Settings > Apps > Phone (and it’s not recording by default, needs to be started during each call).

1 Like

I mean the built-in functionality of recording calls in Sailfish OS 4.0.1.45/48
I have active it in Settings > Apps > Phone and when calling a actived
a notification comme that a call was recorded but no file!

Sorry, I was referring to the old app that’s still available on OpenRepos. Having said that, I can’t help but wonder if these two issues are related.

From the point of view of “system settings -> apps -> phone” “~/ .local/share/system/privileged/Phone/CallRecordings/” is the right directory, as it acuses the file there. I created this directory with according permissions but no files are created there. Phone UI tells that it has recorded…
XA2 SFOS 4.0.1.48.

Am i wrong, or did Jolla communicate lately, that call recording will just work anymore with system own functions. I guess maybe of security reasons as russian authorities will be using the system, or also because of privacy reasons with the european legislation. You can enable call recording in the developper options, did you try?

“developper options”: What do mean?
If the recording button is visible during a call, when it is pressed, it should record. If after finishing recording it says that it recorded, you should have a file somewhere. Otherwise it is a bug, not a feature, right?

2 Likes

The problem seems to be that Phone app is not allowed to save the recorded call. The problem was caused by the app isolation.

The following commands make call recording work again (make sure you get the whole long command on the 2nd row):

devel-su
echo -e '\nmkdir     ${PRIVILEGED}/Phone\nprivileged-data Phone' >> /etc/sailjail/permissions/Phone.permission
systemctl-user restart voicecall-ui-prestart
10 Likes

Thanks
now I can see the file, but still the bug of :
https://forum.sailfishos.org/t/call-recording-succeeds-only-on-first-record-xperia-x-only-afaik/3488/3

Will there be a hotfix for this? I’ve used the call recorder to record (unwanted) telemarketing calls, in order to make GDPR-complaints. These recordings are legal evidence. It’s not the kind of bugs “oh no biggie, we’ll fix it next release, in a few months” iyam. Especially if it tells you the recording was successful, but in reality nothing is stored.

3 Likes

I get a can’t create - nonexistent directory error here
The function worked fine for me, but stopped somewhen in November with a write error

Up! Apparently we won’t get one? :confused:
Jolla? I’d like to ask the question again, doesn’t it deserve a hotfix? We feel really forgotten here…
Since the “4th generation”:

• Developer mode has became mandatory to enable some basic features (call recording here)
  • We need to reboot (or find the correct command lines) after each call if we want to be able to record the next one
  • We need to reboot (or find the correct command lines) each time we want to use Bluetooth

:tired_face:

3 Likes

The next OS update should arrive in April. It has the fix for the call recorder issue. Apologies for the long waiting time.

8 Likes

Is this bug

also fixed?
Or only the sailjail perms…

1 Like

I don’t see the 2nd call failing to record on one XA2 with SFOS 4.0.1.48 and defaultuser (not nemo) as I see it on an X. There are other issues though. …

Still getting ‘Could not start recording’ on 4.1.0.24

Deeply irritating :confused:

I just discovered dpurgin’s Call Recorder through this thread, installed it and it works. To me it’s not clear if this thread is still about that app or the Sailfish built in call recording option or both. I figure I just share my experience with dpurgin’s Call Recorder.

I’m using a freshly flashed Sony XA2 Plus with Sailfish OS 4.1.0.24 and as said above, on my phone dpurgin’s Call Recorder works fine.

However, I experienced 2 weird things:

• It only works when the cassette icon is barred in the minimized app interface, I would have thought that would be the other way around.

This way it works:

This way it does not:

• When the app is already open then recordings only show after restarting the app. But I can see them right away using ichthyosaurus’ File Browser app in the directory /home/defaultuser/.local/share/kz.dpurgin/harbour-callrecorder/data. If the app is not open or minimized and I open it after a call then the recording is already visible.

Thank you dpurgin for this very useful app!