Call recording succeeds only on first record (Xperia X only, AFAIK)

REPRODUCIBILITY : 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION : 3.4.22/24
HARDWARE: X
UI LANGUAGE: na
REGRESSION: unknown

DESCRIPTION:

After first call record, all other are garbled

PRECONDITIONS:

na

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Fresh boot
  2. make a call and record it, hangup
  3. make a call and record it, hangup

EXPECTED RESULT:

Both calls have audio files with the call

ACTUAL RESULT:

Only the first call has correct audio.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(note: couldn’t reproduce on XA2)
UI shows record duration of 20% of the correct duration, so does the file size.
Playing with “sox” doesn’t help, only every 5th “packet” is recorded??
Restarting pulse-audio (by killing it) fixes that for the next call record, then it fails again.
(beware: restarting pulse-audio too fast gave me a mess, couldn’t fix it, had to reboot)

4 Likes

Do you stop recording before you hang up, or hang up without stopping recording? Starting or stopping too quickly caused some problems in my X.

Have you tried patch Automatic call recording found in patchmanager3? That creates a short interval that is not recorded at the start and end of calls. Those helped me to get good quality recordings allmost every time. If that helps, I could add an option to not start recordings automatically. [Edit] Option added. [/Edit]

1 Like

Sequence: start call, start recording, wait 10 to 20 s on test situation, terminate call.
“automatic call recording” : will investigate later on, thanks for the hint.

If I didn’t stop recording by pressing the record button before ending the call, the next calls were corrupted. And using two fingers was too quick.

Had a look at your patch. Nice! My conclusion is, on Xperia X, pulseaudio configuration is broken with respect to this. I created an app with “killall -15 pulseaudio” to get around this, since I don’t use call recording often.

Xperia X only, AFAIK

I can confirm that on XA2 + SFOS 4.0.1.48 call recording works fine (after applying this patch)