Qt5-plugin-geoservices-osm does not permit setting host/customhost

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
OS VERSION: 4.4
HARDWARE: xperia 10ii, volla/gs290
UI LANGUAGE: en
REGRESSION: yes

DESCRIPTION:

As reported (see below) qt5-qtlocation changes from 5.2.1 on the version 3.4.0.24 to 5.4.2 on the version 4.1.0.24

At this point we can no longer load custom host plugin parameters, for instance: osm.mapping.custom.host

PRECONDITIONS:

Have upgraded to SFOS > 4.1

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

Try to create a QML Map element:

Map {
            id: map
            anchors.fill: parent
            zoomLevel: (maximumZoomLevel - minimumZoomLevel)/2 + 4.5
            plugin : Plugin {
                name: "osm"
                PluginParameter { name: "osm.useragent"; value: "Draftmap" }
                PluginParameter { name: "osm.mapping.host"; value: "https://tile.openstreetmap.org" }
                PluginParameter { name: "osm.mapping.custom.host"; value: "https://tile.openstreetmap.org" }
                PluginParameter {
                    name: "osm.mapping.copyright";
                    value: "Ā© <a href=\"http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright\">OpenStreetMap</a> contributors"
                }
            }

Regardless of what you set host values to you get:

[W] unknown:0 - QGeoTileRequestManager: Failed to fetch tile (1169,566,11) 5 times, giving up. Last error message was: ā€˜Host otile1.mqcdn.com not foundā€™

EXPECTED RESULT:

map tiles.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Error messages

[W] unknown:0 - QGeoTileRequestManager: Failed to fetch tile (1169,566,11) 5 times, giving up. Last error message was: ā€˜Host otile1.mqcdn.com not foundā€™

MODIFICATIONS:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Additional previous discussion:

Ah, Well looking at the code in the sfos repos, itā€™s no wonder. Thatā€™s from before the changes in 2016 that ā€˜fixedā€™ the hardcoded foo. And the broken qt redirector! Ach, weh.

Thanks for digging in to this @poetaster. Could you elaborate on your followup comment a little please though? Are you saying that there is an issue, but that the reason is obvious, or are you saying that this isnā€™t actually an issue after all?

Sorry, I was being elliptical. What Iā€™m suggesting is that there may be a gpl issue that happens to coincide with a bug fix. jolla didnā€™t pick up a fix because they stopped at ā€˜$versionā€™.

In any case, I pulled apart the spec in SFOSs Location .spec and started on getting ā€˜onlyā€™ that plugin (at 5.10) built on obs. Iā€™ll try to get that done and see if the issue is dealt with.

In the current state, it is a bug in SFOS version of Location.

Thanks for the explanation Mark. Iā€™ve created an internal issue for this and have tagged it as ā€œtrackedā€. If I can find out anything further (e.g. in case this was licence-related) Iā€™ll post it back here.

It would be good to know the results from your OBS build once you have it.

Thanks! Iā€™m struggling on a couple of other fronts but itā€™s in the queue!

1 Like

Although this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, this minimal change is probably enough to resurrect the plugin from complete uselessness:

1 Like

This is not ā€˜quiteā€™ building on obs, but almost :slight_smile: GitHub - poetaster/qtlocation at backport5.5

All lgplv2.1 backports that would permit setting the uri of tile servers dynamically.

[Release notes] Struven ketju 4.5.0.21 finally fixes this! I mean, it doesnā€™t permit setting host, but it uses the OSM tile server correctly so that declarative maps work again. Yeah!

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit thick at the moment. What is Ginkgo?

Ah, this: Flypig's gecko dev diary

EDIT: errr, this? Sailfish OS on Ginkgo (Redmi Note 8)