Xperia Tama port: 4.6.0.13 release

What’s your device? XZ2c as well?

yes, I was going to use it full time again, I’ve cracked the screen on my 10ii

OK, maybe there is something weird going on with XZ2c. I know that “optimal” pixel_ratio was higher than 2.0 and maybe this failure relates to that.

@ApB or @defactofactotum - could one of you send me a journal from the boot? So, you would boot it, and open app grid, open app and keyboard in it. Maybe journal has something about missing icons. Or try to read it yourself :slight_smile:

Note that you would have to send it via email or private message to avoid exposing IMEI/phone numbers and whatever from there. Good is to read it before sending and delete all private numbers/accounts.

Maybe @ApB has better journal skills than me, but here’s a small extract till I figure out something better:
un 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact dbus-daemon[2625]: dbus-daemon[2625]: [session uid=100000 pid=2625] Activating service name=
‘com.jolla.settings’ requested by ‘:1.59’ (uid=100000 pid=4608 comm="/usr/libexec/mliteremoteaction com.jolla.settings " labe
l=“u:r:kernel:s0”)
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:0 - Image file path failed to resolve fo
r “graphic-close-app”
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:392 - file:///usr/share/lipstick-jolla-h
ome-qt5/switcher/SwitcherItem.qml:392:5: QML HighlightImageBase: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/graphic-clo
se-app
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:0 - Image file path failed to resolve fo
r “icon-close-app?#00ade6
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:362 - file:///usr/share/lipstick-jolla-h
ome-qt5/switcher/SwitcherItem.qml:362:9: QML Image: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/icon-close-app?#00ade6

r “graphic-busyindicator-large”
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:50 - file:///usr/lib64/qt5/qml/Sailfish/
Silica/BusyIndicator.qml:50:5: QML HighlightImageBase: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/graphic-busyindicator
-large
r “icon-launcher-settings”
Jun 24 20:42:16 XperiaXZ2Compact lipstick[3050]: [W] unknown:196 - file:///usr/share/lipstick-jolla-h
ome-qt5/switcher/SwitcherItem.qml:196:5: QML LauncherIcon: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/icon-launcher-set
tings

1 Like

TBH i didn’t check the journal -i always remembered it was a bit useless compared to my normal pc- but yeah this seems to provide info on the issue.

Something is probably not linked properly.

elros34 suggested to use strace and see which icons are tested.

Try to run

strace -e file jolla-settings 2>&1 | grep png | grep default

as defaultuser. For me, I get an output like

newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.75/icons/icon-launcher-default.png", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=12052, ...}, 0) = 0
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.75/icons/icon-launcher-default.png", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 18
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.75/icons-monochrome/icon-m-ambience.png", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=5388, ...}, 0) = 0
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.75/icons-monochrome/icon-m-ambience.png", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 23

What do you get?

newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z2/icons-monochrome/icon-m-location-dark.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT
 (No such file or directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z2/icons/icon-m-location.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file o
r directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z2/icons/icon-m-location-dark.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT (No such f
ile or directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.0/icons-monochrome/icon-m-location.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT (N
o such file or directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.0/icons-monochrome/icon-m-location-dark.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOE
NT (No such file or directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.0/icons/icon-m-location.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
 or directory)
newfstatat(AT_FDCWD, "/usr/share/themes/sailfish-default/silica/z1.0/icons/icon-m-location-dark.png", 0x7fe1796df0, 0) = -1 ENOENT (No such
 file or directory)

A sample of what i see.

Some are z1.0 which is not correct if xz2c uses 2.0 and others are plain 2 (without the .0).

Probably the links above have to point at z2.0 which is present in the filesystem.

1 Like

Excellent! Now we know where the bug is. Maybe I will need a full list to see what it probes, but that I’ll ask for separately. Or you could upload it to some pastebin site (at least longer section)

1 Like

Full list. In some the ratio (ie z2.0) folder is not even there (there are //), in others its typed wrong (ie z2) or not the correct size for the device (z1.0)

Looks like the fix is available, I will be able to make new packages later tonight. Will notify here when ready

1 Like

@ApB and @defactofactotum : I have updated the configuration and it should fix your issue. New packages are in OBS already. For you, it should be sufficient to just

zypper ref
zypper up

and reboot.

Let me know how it went

Icons are back. Will let you know if i notice anything weird.

Thanks for all the effort. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Excellent! mal suggested to bump the config submodule - I stopped on one commit too early. Will redo all images and upload the new ones tonight. Hopefully, with this, port bugs are over and we can proceed with SFOS release bugs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everything works fine for me too. Thanks Rinigus for your speedy response. Still a great port! Is it my imagination or is it snappier on 4.6?

@ApB and @defactofactotum : thank you for early testing.

1 Like

I have also attached new images to the release that should not have icon bug.

1 Like

I did reflash my device successfully on the first try on actual Linux Manjaro with fastboot version 35.0.1-android-tools. Until now all tested seems to be allright.

1 Like

The Waysdroid-Container will not start, i did the init-stuff and several Reboots, no luck.

Check that you have the layest Waydroid from Chum
there was an update few days ago. If you are, look for an issue on Tama release page and follow to Waydroid issue from there. See if the config option was set correctly.

The upgrade went great. Thank you! In the short time I’ve been using it I haven’t had any issues or seen anything out of the ordinary. Waydroid works just as it did previously too. Fantastic work!