Xperia Tama port: 4.5.0.16/4.5.0.18/4.5.0.19/4.5.0.21/4.5.0.24 release

No. I probably wouldn’t have time to work on it for the next 2 weeks

Thats good in my case, because i went to vacation for two weeks and it runs already fine. No need to mess it up before vacation.

And if it fails i have still my X Compact as spare Pure Maps device :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here :slight_smile: /20 chars/

1 Like

The XZ2 Compact have 4GB of RAM. So i wondered why the Device often use around 500MB for the Swap. Swappiness is set to 25 for this Port, which means when 75% of RAM is reached it begin to swap. I did experiment with this value down to the swapoff command to turn it off completely. I did notice a litte bit faster UI-Experience like starting apps, switching apps and using the UI-GUI overall. No Kernellock could be forced so far by starting many apps and browsing wild opening some tabs. I once peaked 3,8GB filled RAM for a short period but like i said no slowups. The test runs about 2 Weeks, after a reboot the swap is on again for sure. I know i can set up that forever but i’m still in the testing phase. Regarding the OOM-Killer i did not see any differences in increasing or decreasing kills. It kills sometimes randomly Tasks like habitual.

So maybe we can drop swap for SailfishOS-Devices which have 4GB or more of RAM!?

4.5.0.21 update

Bumped the port to 4.5.0.21. Kernel includes small update, in addition to updates from Jolla’s SFOS release. Haven’t tested it much at this stage.

4 Likes

Thank you.

Update went smooth. Sony Logo and Glance Screen at lowest light still flickering. I know this is Firmware related and introduced in a previous Firmware-update and is kind of Cosmetic-Bug.

1 Like

Thanks rinigus.

The update was smooooooodddd on my dying(ish) xz2c.

2 Likes

@ApB: sorry to hear about your xz2c. Although, no wonder, we do have relatively old devices and probably will have to start looking for the next device at some point.

Sadly there’s no other similar “compact” Device available. The performance of the xz2c is still satisfying for me.

There are some available on amazon for a quite high price (if you consider the age of the device).

Thinking of buying another one. Performance is fine for me and lets face it the lack of optimization on SFOS is the bigger issue here. Not the device.

Hopefully we will hear news from the Small Android phone project at some point. And hopefully it will be easy to port SFOS on it.

XZ2c is old and I don’t think it is wise to get it at this stage. Enjoy the one that you have :slight_smile:

I cant think of anything else to get TBH. And even if i over look the size “issues” there is no phone you can say “yes that” and go out and buy it.

10iii is old 10 iv not supported and other than paying for a license to support Jolla there is no reason for me to buy one. Even my native language is not supported.

I haven’t followed closely - maybe there are some new ports. With Tama, it may happen that I will drop a phone and then will have to get something else. So, the port would have to get a new maintainer then… As such, it is risky to get new Tama

I hear you. Its just that there are not many phones that i feel like buying at the moment.

4.5.0.24 update

Bumped the port to 4.5.0.24. Haven’t tested it much at this stage - just a day.

5 Likes

Volte in this by any chance? I’m assuming no, but it rarely hurts to ask.

Don’t expect that to come in ports. Neither the camera/photo capabilities will ever be on par with android.

Also. the 4.5.0.24 update went fine and everything seems/feels normal.

1 Like

Hi there. I had trouble while booting the fresh installation of 4.5.0.16 on a H9436 (see picture).

As base system, I had chosen:

Android 10, Build: 52.1.A.0.618

I follow strictly these installation guide: https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-tama/main/blob/hybris-10/flashing.md

Can you check back these issue at your own device?

Please see Disturbed screen after boot on XZ3 · Issue #155 · sailfishos-sony-tama/main · GitHub and if it applies to you. I don’t have XZ3 nor know how to fix it

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly my issue then. Currently, I try to flash the 4.4 version.