Xperia Tama port: 4.3.0.12 release

No idea whats wrong with your phone. I can ssh on my xz2c running 4.3 from my pc.

If I knew it I will not ask

Please write down what did you do with your update. As you wrote earlier, sounds like you tried to OTA without extra steps required for this release. To get any idea on what was done, write it down. Commands that you run before starting OTA according to docs, what was done in between, reboots. What were repos URLs when you did the updates.

As for reflash, you can use 4.2 or 4.3 images. The both are posted under releases. I suggest to use 4.3 as it is the release we all have now.

1 Like

I did all what was write down in the documentation.
If I reflash 4.3 I might included vbmeta in the folder, isnt?

What did you do which corresponded to your phrase “The OTA in the phone doesnt recognize any 4.3” (your post earlier).

Re vbmeta: Release notes should tell where to grab vbmeta

Yes, and then I found the documentation after and install how you described in the web

so first I did

and the I didi this

Start with refresh of current SFOS repo

devel-su zypper ref

Update all packages for current SFOS release

devel-su zypper up

Replace DEVCODE below with your device code (see above). For XZ2 single sim - h8216

devel-su zypper in patterns-sailfish-device-configuration-DEVCODE

Replace with the release you are updating to

ssu release 4.3.0.12

ssu lr

Check the output that you have repos adaptation-community and adaptation-community-common

You may have many of OpenRepos enabled. It’s recommended to disable them, even

though version --dup will do its best-effort to isolate repositories:

ssu lr | grep openrepos

devel-su zypper clean -a
devel-su zypper ref -f

devel-su version --dup

if above fails, try again

devel-su version --dup

sync

Reboot

Do i need to use sw binaries to in the 4.3 build before trying to reflash it??

You have still not told what you did BEFORE going with OTA procedure. You did something on the basis of which you stated that “The OTA in the phone doesnt recognize any 4.3”. What was that?

I don’t understand. Flashing procedure is the same for all the releases. Not sure what you mean by “use sw binaries”.

When I wrote that it was beacuse I thought the OTA through the phone will recognice it and will do it automatically, and then I found out that I still have to do some manual instructions to finnish it.

Good! Then I don’t know what has happened for you and why it didn’t update via OTA

It has update via OTA at the end, but in this case has destroy many things, like now is useless

In community ports, you don’t touch OTA updates in Settings, but have to do manually via terminal. Assuming that you talk about GUI-provided update

And now I am trying to flash 4.3 agaan through sudobash and the terminal cant recognize the phone still

This update has not touched Sony bootloader nor your Linux PC drivers. So, it should be exactly as it was before in this respect.

Then what has happen to the upgrade? how is possible that has fucked up so much the phone??

So you will explain how is possible that the computer is still searching for devices to be flash

Thanks for your help @rinigus

After been able to flash agian the 4.3, now almost everything works fine again , the only thing that I have lost all my data after this.

As I said above, I have no idea what happened with your update. So far, you are the first who got into that state, to the best of my knowledge. Without login is also rather difficult to debug. Let’s hope it will not repeat.

1 Like