Xperia Tama port: 4.3.0.12 release

also zypper:
[root@XperiaXZ2c defaultuser]# zypper ref
error: rpmdb: fop_read_meta: /var/lib/rpm/Filetriggername: unexpected file type or format
error: cannot open Filetriggername index using bdb - Invalid argument (22)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
Target initialization failed:
Rpm Exception
…so it’s starting to look more serious

Have you checked the storage (df -h)? Tried to rebuild RPM database?

Don’t have any RPM issues on my devices. So, cannot help much …

Storage looks ok, how do I rebuild rpm database? TIA

try rpm --rebuilddb. That was used with SDK

Hello. On step ssu ur it says unknown QconnmanTechnologyInterface scan reply “no carrier”.

Is it okay to proceed to next step anyway?

Great work, @rinigus. Thank you!

Edit: running it on my XZ2 (as reported on the github repo) and everything works swimmingly, aside from the minor regression in jolla-messages related to MMS. I haven’t tried it yet, but apparently downgrading jolla-messages and jolla-messages-settings to their previous versions solves it. Thread here. I’ll try it later and report back.

Edit: UPDATE: Following the procedure in the thread I linked results in a PERFECTLY functional MMS experience on this Tama port. There’s a regression in the jolla-messages app in 4.3.0.12 which makes MMS fail for varied reasons, with minimal indication (or no indication at all) in journalctl and ofono logger. I’ve been banging my head against this for a while, and this works 100%.

1 Like

Thanks a lot Rinigus, that did the trick.

1 Like

Is it possible to send mms in this build?

Is there a way to get the built-in Call Recorder to work? The openrepos app doesn’t seem to work either.

I think we have an issue regarding it. Feel free to investigate and make it work.

1 Like

is possible to send mms in this buid?

Yes, though it requires reverting to the previous version of jolla-messages and jolla-messages-settings as there was a regression in 4.3.0.12 (strangely, I can’t reproduce the regression issue on my XA2 Ultra)

Check out this thread for more information. If you’d rather not modify your repos I can send you the rpm files and explicit instructions.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

does anyone know if android support is possible? i have several paid devices, for X and X compact and XA2.
for X compact, i use eugenio’s patch that takes an official X image (not the community version) and modifies it on the fly for the X compact, so that you can pay for a license and have it Just Work, including android4 support.

i dont know if any of this violates the terms of service, but i dont feel any ethical qualms because i am still purchasing the license, and i dont expect any support from jolla for my android issues on my unsupported device.

also, does anyone know if the charge-while-headphone-listening cable works in sailfish? (EC270 cable)

Re Android support: currently, we use Waydroid on Tama. I personally don’t use it, only occasionally when I need to test that it works. So, maybe someone else can tell how good/bad it is.

Re EC270: no idea.

how is waydroid on tama? does it do location yet?

these are most important android apps i rely on for SFOS X compact (anyone use them on tama on waydroid?):
coolreader, google-maps, riot.im, facebook-lite

Waydroid works very well on Tama. There isn’t the same level of integration between Sailfish OS and Android as with Jolla’s app support, meaning you cannot have native notifications for android apps or have android apps appear in sharing menu and so on.

Location shows up on Google Maps, yes. Guess have to keep some app that queries location continuously to have a stable fix. Just tested to only see if location works under waydroid.

Haven’t tried other apps you mentioned there, except Element.

1 Like

You can also use Android files from another device, by downloading throuhh zypper, and copying to your other device. The issue with that, in regards to this port, is yhat we are on aarch64 base, so you would need an Xperia 10 with a license, as (I think?) it is the only official phone using aarch64.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s the 10 and 10 II… (anybody confirm?)

I’m not sure if there’s aarch64 support on the Xperia 10. Per the chart on shop.jolla.com, I think the only (official) device with 64-bit support is the 10 ii.

ps_20211210131704

I was going to buy one to experiment with it, but I’m reluctant due to that chart.

1 Like

yes, thanks. I will apprecciate it