Xperia 10 IV (4.6.0.15) Sound through loudspeaker in all voice calls

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100% (always)
OSVERSION: 4.6.0.15
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia 10 IV - xqcc54 - xqcc54 - 1.0.0.26 - aarch64
UI LANGUAGE: Español (user: es_ES, os: es_ES.utf8)
REGRESSION: not specified

DESCRIPTION:

The sound in voice calls (incoming and outgoing) are always though the loudspeaker although I haven’t actived it.

PRECONDITIONS:

Don’t active hands free speaker

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Make a call (or receive a call)

EXPECTED RESULTS:

The sound must be though the ear speakers

ACTUAL RESULTS:

The sound is though the loudspeaker

MODIFICATIONS:

• Patchmanager: no
  • OpenRepos: no
  • Chum: yes
  • Other: none specified

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Device Owner User: defaultuser
Home Encryption: enabled

the initial version of this bug report was created using Bugger 0.9.10+git6
1 Like

I installed Audio Ouput Chooser via Storeman.

Switching from “Output to earpiece” (default) to “Output to speaker (safe)” still plays the phone call’s sounds through the speaker.

So it’s not “crossed wires” and using the “safe” version at least lowers the volume a bit.

1 Like

Are you sure that it is through the loudspeakers? I think it is because the sound has been turned up to max. Try during a call to switch to the loudspeakers.

Yes, I think so. If I turn on/off hands free speaker, I would say that it’s the same, I don’t have the phone with me at this moment to test again.

EDIT: I can confirm that the sound is always through loudspeakers instead ear speakers in voice calls, it had nothing to do with volume level is max or not.

Can confirm that this also happens on my 10 IV. Audio always comes from the speaker (at the bottom of the phone) never the earpiece (at the top of the phone). Switching to and from speakerphone while the call is in progress makes no difference. Same result for outgoing and incoming calls on both VoLTE and GSM.

4.6.0.15, newly flashed and nothing else installed. Xperia 10 IV XQ-CC54.

1 Like