Xperia 10 III support

I remember restoring Android app data was a real pain on XA2 → X10 II migration. Just transferring Android settings / data would actually be good enough - apps can be reinstalled easily.

https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201804906 bluntly states Android stuff is not backed up.

Let’s say I would like to take my chances with X10 II → III migration, what needs to be done?

Search results for 'android backup' - Sailfish OS Forum shows zero useful results.

1 Like

here is my 3 days experience with xperia 10 iii

In comparison with XA2 it’s a lot more smoother and faster, the long screen feels a bit strange but I got used to it, actually XA2 screen feels now too wide! No big issues, but there are some small bits that can be improved in my opinion:

• notifications LED, e.g. email ones, has a very bright green colour and does not blink, sms notifications have a blue colour it does not blink either but brightness level is good.
  • screen automatic brightness seems to be very bright in low light, e.g. indoors.
  • there is no real dark theme for OLED screens, the default ones seems to drain the battery faster, I have replaced the background image with a black one and it seems battery consumption is improved.
  • BT connection to car stereo is established, (HPF, PBAP) but address book is not shared.
4 Likes

Fingerprint could be dirty. Have you try to deactivate it ?

In my case, battery drain very fast, between 15/20% in 12h, more than XA2 on 4.4.0.58 (20-25% in 24h)

This together with the loading time when the passcode is input. Also there might be a bug in the audio. It seems like whenever a message comes in from whatsapp the audio switches to loudspeaker and the headphone is no longer recognised unless i try calling via the call app, can anyone help.

An open, honest question. Is anyone out there running SailfishX on Xperia 10 iii getting 5G service? And if so, can you share provider/location?

1 Like

How shold be a background picture formated so that it’s fitting into the screen of the 10 III?
For the XA2 I added 2 stripes…

@cyberlyra
Pretty sure that it has been answered at least twice already; it doesn’t seem to be enabled.
The fact that you stress that you are being “open and honest” makes me think you are being at least a little bit facetious.

@denis.robel
Ambiance images should be square as always.

1 Like

This is a long standing bug. At least i have it on my ported device.

Try searching for it “5G” (Your search term is too short.), so really hard to tell as it’s not mentioned in release notes or anywhere else

2 Likes

It seems that it’s not true with the quadratic resolution because the picture will be cropped not centered.

Those statements are not even close to mutually exclusive - or you left out some important detail.
It is supposed to be cropped to shape, i.e. in only one direction, that’s why square is needed.
And anyway, your squared image works as it should for me.

The plane is not centered. The nose will be cutted always.

Is there any Template available for generating a background? If I remember right there was the same sitiuation / problem as I migrated from Jolla1 to Xperia X

It’s a 16:9 image on a 21:9 phone, what do you expect? The plane is perfectly centered, it is cut equally on both sides. Also this is pretty off-topic, especially since it is not specific to the 10 III.

1 Like

You are right it’s off topic.

2 Likes

Yes, I have deactivated the fingerprint, but there has been not change… :frowning:

You have to expand, not crop, the image to be square.

See e.g. here: Ambience made from gallery bug - #3 by nephros

So far the 10III seems to be behaving ok, although I get a feeling the battery drains a bit faster. We will see.
A problem that I have is that I cannot access the phone via USB (mass storage) in Windows or Linux. Didn’t try to ssh into the phone. In Windows (10) I get that “the device malfunctioned and is not recognized” after I plug it in and Linux (debian) the phone doesn’t show up in the File application. Has anyone seen something similar?

2 Likes

About that unused button:

----====( /dev/input/event3 )====----
Name: "gpio-keys"
ID: bus 0x19, vendor, 0x1, product 0x1, version 0x100
Type 0x00 (EV_SYN)
Type 0x01 (EV_KEY)
	 KEY_VOLUMEDOWN KEY_01c9
# evdev_trace -t  3
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.064 - 0x01/EV_KEY - 0x1c9/KEY_01c9 - 1
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.064 - 0x00/EV_SYN - 0x000/SYN_REPORT - 0
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.231 - 0x01/EV_KEY - 0x1c9/KEY_01c9 - 0
/dev/input/event3: 1653585089.231 - 0x00/EV_SYN - 0x000/SYN_REPORT - 0
2 Likes

Does anyone know if fast charging is supported? Also, in case it is, any recommended chargers (sony original is supposedly very expensive)?