[Xperia 10 iii][4.4.0.64] Bluetooth auto connection delays

Well, not quite a bug, but I noticed delays when it comes to already-paired devices auto connection when activated.

E.g., when using my Xperia 10 ii (4.4.0.64), my BT FreeBuds 3 are connected to the device 1 sec after I activate them.
Now, on my Xperia 10 iii, it takes longer to connect (4+ secs), and sometimes I must go to BT settings and manually connect them (not pair them, just connect them).

Again, this is not exactly a bug, but it makes things a bit awkward when, e.g., trying to reply to an incoming call.

Anybody else experiences this?

3 Likes

Yes, I have to manually connect them every time, they never auto connect on my X10III.

1 Like

That kind of behavior also here. If i keep bluetooth enabled, and power off and power on my earbuds, then it auto connects them. But if i turn off and turn on bluetooth, it never auto connects, and i have to manually connect them.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I always keep BT off when not using it.

Same here. Although my Xperia10 III 4.4.0.64 is already paired with my car and is set to auto connect, it never does and I have to connect manually from Bluetooth settings on the phone. With my XA2 on 4.3 it always automatically connected.

Speaker connected within second(s) but not Jabra headphones on Xperia 10. I even have to repeat manual connection several times sometimes.

+1 (auto-connect works fine on X, X Compact, XA2, XZ2 Compact, but not on 10 III)

I made it a bug report.

3 Likes

I confirm Blumenkraft:
If I keep Bluetooth enabled all the time, my Xperia 10 III connects directly with my car (Mazda 3) without delay. (I can receive a call, but no SMS so far.)
Every time when I disabled Bluetooth on the phone, I have to connect them manually afterwards.
→ So I leave Bluetooth activated. To save power, I deactivate “Mobile Data” or “WiFi” for longer periods when I don’t need it.

I’ll try a bump here and if no takers, I’ll use a new thread.

XA2, latest version of SF but same for all versions I suspect.

BT headphones work fine whether low power or not. The problem is it takes 6-7 ‘presses’ to connect on top of making the headphones ready.

The topmenu Bluetooth option only turns on BT. Turning it on instead from Settings sometimes auto-connects. But only sometimes.
Settings is a huge list so that’s 3 presses to scroll through and select. 1 to turn on BT and 1 to connect. 2 presses to get into Settings in the first place.

There’s an old patch that could make the BT Settings page a topmenu option but it no longer works. I figure the code to add it is pretty easy.

Alternatively and what would be a better useability option would be to make the existing BlueTooth topmenu option trigger the autoconnect code.

Fixed my own problem by editing /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries/bluetooth.json (elevated with nano) and removing the “allow_favorite”: false line.

Got this from Okxa’s patch.

1 Like