Xperia 10 II + SFOS

Those phones have to be added to the open devices and then jolla has to port the OS so don’t expect those anytime soon. Officially at least.

6 Likes

Aren’t there just two versions of X10 II, single and dual-sim? Presumably both of them will be supported. As stated, Xperia 10 III might take a while like a year as we’re getting X10 II which was released nearly a year ago.

3 Likes

So, do you think it is safe to buy any version Xperia 10 II? I would love to anticipate…

As a matter of fact I do, but don’t forget that there might be the carrier locked devices too. I’ve just got myself Xperia 10 II Dual-Sim as it was at a discount here in Finland, and the phone seems to not be available soon, at least not as a new device. However, if we look back at how the support has been regarding XA2 and X10, it seems that it’s pretty safe and consistent to assume that both single and dual sim will be supported regarding X10 II too. It would be quite weird to say “hi folks, btw this year we don’t support single–sim” or vice versa.

Nevertheless, now I am eagerly waiting for when the Sailfish for X10 II will be released.

1 Like

My call problems are operator related. I have my suspicions and I’ll get the confirmation part going next week when my new operator activates.

2 Likes

Actually i’ve bought a second hand version (in France) it’s the XQ-AU51.

1 Like

Is there ways to see it from the HADK which models are supported of the XPeria 10 ii?

Here you go: https://github.com/mer-hybris/droid-config-sony-seine/tree/master/rpm

4 Likes

Thank you!
Unfortunately, ebay is full of XQ-AU52 and no 51, are they very different ?
Will XQ-AU52 be supported or not sure yet ?
If you have any plan to buy a second hand XQ-AU51 in France, please let me know :wink:

XQ-AU52 and 51 are 99% identical. Only difference is the second SIM Port on the 52

4 Likes

Any more updates on this? It’s taking quite a while :frowning:

The last update is unfortunately not very good news. Even though it was not an official statement, a Jolla developer basically said that the decision to have Xperia 10 II an official port is not made and we should not buy the device yet. For the moment, it is just an ‘official’ Android 10 testing device.
It can still become an official supported device I guess but the chances are clearly below 100% (how much below is another question).

6 Likes

Yes… They can’t confirm because is not officially announced, but you can check hardware adaptation github to check that there are a lot of commits for the Xperia 10 II, also on the wiki of the SDK for Android 10 devices, you can check why probably is taking a while the announcement, that is the call problem

That’s terrible news! I bought this device exactly because of that, as I read here that it would be the next officially supported device. Oh great… Should’ve stuck with my trusty BlackBerry Q10 instead

Let’s hope that it is released soon. Don’t know what to think now, as the previous user said that it wasn’t going to be released officially??

Where was this update written? On the forums?

1 Like

I saw that on Telegram sailfishos channel from Andrew Branson. Again this is not to say that this will never happen but the advice was to wait for more news before buying Xperia 10 II as the decision was not made and could never be made.
For me this is too late anyway as I already bought it :stuck_out_tongue: (last December as I was afraid it could run out of stocks or with a higher price). I still think this can be available at least as a community port as the code is mostly here.
Jolla may be trying to limit the number of official devices out there to reduce maintenance costs overall. Or they think about switching to a newer device directly… who knows? Not me :wink:

3 Likes

Ah telegram :).
I dont use it so I dont follow. Oh well.
I hope to be able to replace my XPeria X; its outdated, and the alternatives are not really too attractive.
Any phone that comes up next and is easily available in stores will be a good choice for me.
I think what would be more interesting, is some light on this from Jolla’s side. Should we wait? can we be sure there will be one more SailfishX device? Are the ones out there the only ones?

2 Likes

well, that would be a real bad move
my X10 mk2 is idling on the shelf here

2 Likes

Thankfully I can get a Sony Xperia 10 II Dual SIM in Australia