Xperia 10 II + SFOS

Thanks Jolla for supporting another useless surfboard.
PLEASE EXPAND SAILFISH X TO A MORE COMPACT PHONE! (i.e. Xperia X / Jolla 1-like)

3 Likes

Yay!
But also what a pity it’s not the 5 ii, which would be a bit more powerful.

6 Likes

Can’t believe it is almost here!!! :smile:

2 Likes

Amazing news! Looking forward for the official Jolla support!

1 Like

Come on! Modern compact phones does not exist, let alone any that are open.
So even if Jolla wanted to, they couldn’t do anything about it.

That the Xperia X is smaller than its non-ultra successors is just a myth, please don’t contribute to spreading it.
The only meaningful difference between X/XA2/10/10II is that the 10s are ~14mm taller.

7 Likes

I’d like to add that the Xperia 10 II, despite its length, is actually easier to hold in the palm of your hand than the Jolla 1, because all of the sides and corners are rounded.

4 Likes

That 14mm is pretty significant though (just unboxed the thing today in preparation). It’s narrower than my iPhone X, but clearly taller and generally gives off the feeling of being clearly bigger. Will have to see how it feels in actual use once I get SF on it.

4 Likes

Good thing it has finally been announced, I’ve been checking their blog since January hoping to see the news. And just today in a surprise I found out on https://shop.jolla.com/
__

That is a reoccuring struggle for most of us here I am afraid :confused:

1 Like

I wonder though - a noob question - are Xperia 10 II and Xperia 10 III by any chance running on the same platform, ie. will III require a new software port if Jolla wants to add the support later?

…the 25% bigger battery, 50% more RAM and possibly better display (or is it just marketing?) might be useful.

By the way, do we have a release date or is it just coming soon?

No way. Xperia 10 III is running on the Snapdragon 690 5G.

2 Likes

There is supposed to be a new Sailfish release in April, so it’s probably going to be released next week.

1 Like

Jolla Time™ :slight_smile:

And there will be an Early Access first, so an official release will be least take 2 weeks after that.

3 Likes

And you have to remember this will be first release for Xperia 10 II so it may have model-specific issues at the beginning.

4 Likes

3 Likes

One word: gogogogoooooooooooooooo!

Well, this is good news considering the depths of my disappointment buying a second-hand XA2 Ultra. (Phone randomly shuts off. Very very heavy. A lot more zaftig than I imagined it.) And hey, you can still get one new! Thanks, Jolla.

Edit: I did it. Good money after bad, I guess. Wish me luck this time.

2 Likes

If they would have released it around chrismas, I would have buy a X 10 ii a 100 %.

Maybe I use my Xx just a bit longer.

Glad it’s finally coming and hoping the wait was worth it. Thanks Jolla :sunny:
My X10ii is ready to test SFOS on it.

1 Like

My new xperia 10 ii is coming to me;)

2 Likes