Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

What does this mean for official support?

Possible? Sure.
Certain? Definitely not.

Support for 10 III was announced last May, so i wouldn’t expect it earlier than May 2023.

Would i buy a 10 IV now, if i had the chance (and wait for more than six months for official SFOS)? Probably. Without the support? That i honestly don’t know. But i guess it’s a good phone, even with Android.

1 Like

i faced this dilemma last year when the 10 III was on sale at black friday for £290.

never came back down to that price, ended up buying one eight months later for £330.

then again, i’m still using my XA2 four months after installing SFOS on the 10 III because I can’t get mobile data to work on the new phone…

1 Like

Last year there was Xperia 10 III (lena) content in the public (mer-hybris) adaptation repos by Black Friday. That’s a 98% guarantee in my book.

There is nothing about the IV yet.

3 Likes

It’d be really nice to know, phone is like half price right now.

At Amazon Black Friday in Germany the Xperia 10 IV costs only 374€!

For reference Future devices? - #5 by thigg

1 Like

339€ is a really good price…

Xperia 10 IV seems to 299e in Finland currently.

£299 on amazon.co.uk

That’s sad that we don’t have any answer on the Xperia 10 IV sailfish OS port because the Xperia is at a special discount price on Amazon at the moment so we’re gonna miss the opportunity to have one at a cheap price.

I have taken the gamble at 341€ for the Lavender colored one :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have also taken the gamble at 299€ in Finland

3 Likes

no need to hurry, they are available till march, usually
although 300 euro is a good price to “buy now, think later”

1 Like

If the 10 iv’s spec’s are identical to the 10 iii with the exception of the chip shouldn’t it be possible to run sfos ?

“…with the exception of the chip”… You’re joking, right? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I took the gamble and picked up an Xperia 10 IV for 300€. They might be cheaper later but 300€ is still a good price. Previously I thought about buying the Xperia 10 III but the display quality was not that great. The Xperia 10 IV display is brighter and more vibrant so I take the gamble and hope that Xperia 10 IV will get an official Jolla supported Sailfish port.

2 Likes

I’m probably taking the same gamble. I use cheap one plus phone as My work phone. But I have tested Microsoft’s apps in Sailfish Android and they seem to work well, so I think I ditch the Android phone and switch to Sailfish.

I use Sailfish phone most of the time and constantly fight with the android phone’s peculiarities. I don’t like it so I don’t want to learn how to use it efficiently. I rather get rid of it and get netter OS instead.

3 Likes

I bought sony Xperia 10iv only so that i can port it to sailfish os…my question now is wil it support xqcc72 version??? Sony made the smartphone but they dint add xqcc72 on the open device list…will i ever get to experience sailfish os​:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

The 10 IV is included…

1 Like

But xq-cc72 is not included…i purchased wrong version of it😞… really a bummer