Xperia 1 IV, 5 IV and 10 IV support

Its similar to the XZ2 Compact Notify-LED. Its very dark and colors are rotated a bit.

The best Notify-LED-Experience with SailfishOS for me was on X Compact and XA2, others are not tested by me because i don´t own it.

2 Likes

On the 10 III R and B diodes are dark while green is very bright. So it actually “eclipses” (or rather overshines) the other two, resulting in wrong colors. Colors produced by combinations of red and blue (which have approximately the same brightness) are correct, for example magenta #ff00ff looks kind of OK. But if the bright G component has to be used, it is way too bright and outshines the others, so you get wrong color. Hence you can’t even get a clear white from #ffffff because there’s too much of green in it. You can try to set a darker value for G diode giving lower brightness similar to the strength of R and B diodes, but it gives acceptable results only for some colors.

Maybe it is an electrical problem - either the G diode is fed with too high current, or the R and B diodes get too low current.

Compared to this, my XA2 Ultra LED gives very nice, correct and clear colors.

1 Like

related bug report here [LENA][11][4.19] Green LED indicator is brighter than blue and red · Issue #772 · sonyxperiadev/bug_tracker · GitHub I believe

4 Likes

Right! Still not fixed, unfortunately…

As for Xperia 10 IV and V support, will XQ-CC72 and XQ-DC72 be supported or only listed XQ-CC54 and XQ-DC54?

If so, they probably would have been listed to

1 Like

Too high current would explain the higher power consumption^^

By 0.01% probably :wink:

2 Likes

I just copy the answer from another topic here. Thanks to @rainemak for the answer.

3 Likes

I unwittingly obtained the 10 V Hong Kong version with 8BG RAM. I’ve left it sealed and considered returning. But I’m willing to test for the benefit of the greater community.

8 Likes

Thank you @Ras72! Testing these global variants are super difficult for us for example due to bands – we love the community. We do our best. We continue discussing here at the forum & irc meetings but global landscape is super difficult. With you, Sailfish Community, we have a chance to deliver Sailfish OS for folks around the globe – we’re not yet there whilst you’re fee order. Let’s work together and utilise forum & irc for discussions

9 Likes

Good to heard, I’ve got XQ-DC72 waiting for flashing with boot-loader already unlocked.
I had to downgrade from android 14 to 13 but wasn’t able to do it with Emma, I had to use newflasher.
(TW_68.0.A.0.829)

5 Likes

Why don’t you just post in the proper topic?

Sorry I saw that the latest posts were dc72 and thought i would add, and also volunteer to be a tester

Judging by #sailfishos-meeting log it would be a good thing to verify my Xperia 10 IV is on Android 13?

I was trying to find something on the release schedule, like [Release notes] Sauna 4.6.0.11 - #119 by wetab73 , but everything’s a bit vague.

Are there any news on when one might get even the earliest possible access to install Sauna on an Xperia 10IV?

It’s a bit worrisome how soon vacations start, and there was a mention about the paid components like Android AppSupport coming in August, but do we have to wait that long to try out the phone without paid components?

And will it be possible to get paid components afterward without reinstalling/reflashing the phone?

Yes, it’s Android 13 based.

Free version will be published as soon as possible.

Free version would come first and paid components later.

Yes, similarly as it has been thus far. You can install let’s say AppSupport from the Jolla Store on the device after flashing.

3 Likes

I am looking for a new phone, and i consider Xperia 1 VI. Is that a bad choice for SFOS?
The Xperia models i can choose between are: 1 VI, 1 V, 5 V, 10 VI or 10 V
Does the community versions of SFOS lack important features?
Right now i have a short list of 2 phones: Xperia 1 VI, in case i will install SFOS, or Pixel 8 Pro to install GrapheneOS.

Well if you want offical support then the 10 V or 10 IV.

Also the Community version does not have any of the paid components like Android App Support or Exchange Connector …

Also the 1 VI is so new that its not in Open Devices yet so no porting Sailfisch OS also you have to port Sailfisch OS yourself to the Xperia 1 VI.

TLDR the Xperia 1 VI is a bad choice chose the 10IV or 10V

1 Like

Xperia 1 vi is currently not supported by sfos. Officiak support ( with androud app support ) is only for 10 series, with uocoming support for iv and v. For 1 series there is only a Community port (meaning no android app support, only waydroid). This lags behind a bit, I think at the moment version ii is in the works

1 Like

All community ports lack VoLTE support, plus all the paid features: Predictive Text/spelling, Android App Support and the MS Exchange stuff.

Individual ports will also have various specific limitations/bugs/features. And they may not have more recent version of SFOS yet (or ever). There a list of ports with feature grid, but it hasn’t been updated in a year and doesn’t include any devices released less than ~4 years ago.

1 Like