XA2 EMMA Recovery - 'No Matching Services'

Yep to be clear i tried 3 ways on windows 10,11 and linux mint.
But the strange thing is when i installed Lineage 19.1 with recovery img it regognize my fastboot en flashing goes perfect, and with android 12.
So ill be using this for a while and wait untill sfos is mature enough and 99% bugsfree in and on most supported phones.

I have the same problem with the 6GB version of Xperia 10Plus - Dual Sim (I4293).

I was also having the same issue with a10 plus.
decided to roll the dice and flashed sailfish anyway. The only issues that i have noticed is no wlan and sometimes there is hesitation when doing any operation.

Few days ago I had to flash my 10 III back to android. It went well. There will be two steps:

Lock to bootloader and try again
Make sure that in Windows 10 Device List should be a position called SOMC Flash Device (Right click on logo windows start - select “Device Maganer” . If there is not, check your drivers

The issue with wlan should be resolved by flashing the device to android and once again to sfos. Sorry.

And the hesitation? Your device is old and sailfish become very resources hungry lately. My XA2 got better specs but was slow as hell. Now I play with 10III - there is no hesitation from this device

Hi there, had same issue , lots of bugs still not solved after many years, a reflash didn’t made any difference, the xa2 ultra was good in android but Iess good with sfos latest build.
For me services also not found with Emma, when reflash with windows 10/11 it was dramatic, good drivers and flashware but ending up with flashing to lineage 19.1 and Andy 12, works like a charm that so-called old phone u mentioning.

I have been trying to roll back to android on my 10 plus but nothing works . Tried flash tool and it keeps erroring out with a null error. Is there any way to manually input the WLAN mac address?

Beyond trying any suggestions in this thread, I can only suggest installing lineage to get some form of Android. Install LineageOS on mermaid | LineageOS Wiki

1 Like

Tried to use this method but the recovery image is not being found by the system when i try to flash it.

Tried a different laptop and got a little further this time. Tried to use fastboot to flash but The issue now is that the device (X 10 plus dual sim) is not being seen. Tried updating the drivers and still nothing. Tried to flash TWRP the command goes through then i get a ‘waiting on any device’ message and it just sits there waiting.

I can’t completely follow what you’re trying to do, however, if you’re going down the Lineage path, try these things:

1. make sure your USB cable isn’t the problem - try others as well, just in case
  2. make sure adb is working - this should be as simply as connecting your phone to your computer, enabling USB debugging on your phone (you do this on android, but I can’t remember if you need to do it on Sailfish), bringing up Command Prompt and typing “adb devices”. If it says the service is not available, you sometimes have to change your directory (within Command Prompt) into the “platform-tools” folder that was extracted to get adb and fastboot tools in the beginning. If the command “adb devices” works, but no device comes up, you may need to use a different USB cable,or a different USB port.
  3. if you get this far and it comes up as an adb device, type “adb reboot bootloader” into the same Command Prompt (it’ll reboot into the bootloader)
  4. type in “fastboot devices” and if your device doesn’t show up, go into “Device Manager” (search for it in the start menu) and see if your device shows up with a triangle or not. If there is a triangle, download the driver from here: Drivers - Sony Developer World, extract it somewhere, find your device in the “Device Manager” program, right click on it, select “update driver”, select the option to manually find it yourself, select the folder where you extracted the driver, and then it should update the driver for you. Try the “fastboot devices” command again. If this doesn’t work, or you don’t have the triangle issue, then try a different USB cable/USB port.

Just make sure you’re following the instructions as best as possible - if you’re anything like me, you may tend to skip to what you think are the important parts and miss a key step, which leads to hours of mucking around trying to find a solution.

Good luck.

Ok tried different port and different cables and nothing. Adb command works but no device in the list.

To get into Recovery mode, “turn your Xperia off (wait for 15 sec after the red light has turned off), keep the Volume DOWN button pressed when connecting the USB data cable between the phone and the PC, and you must see a GREEN light on the Xperia”.

To get into Fastboor mode "make sure your phone is powered off, the LED must not show any light, hold down the Volume Up button and connect the other end of the USB cable to the phone. The LED next to the speaker on the phone should light up blue ". Here you should be able to flash a custom recovery/check if ‘fastboot devices’ works.

Please excuse my maybe OT question, but I want to better understand the Sony phones functions and features:
For what is ‘hold down Volume down and connect USB cable’ good? In what mode gets the Sony phone if operated this way?

Volume down gets you into Recovery mode, while volume up gets you into Fastboot mode. This is for being able to flash a custom recovery and install a custom ROM like LineageOS.

1 Like

Thanks @tn71 , yesterday I flashed 3 Xperia 10’s new with SFOS by holding vol-up + connect USB cable. Is this what you mention with ‘flash a custom recovery and install a custom ROM like LineageOS’?
For what the Recovery mode?

@ltrxphn It was sometimes discussed in the forum and I myself made similar experiences: The Sony phones does not always want to connect to USB3 ports on computers in fastboot mode. But it works if one inserts a USB hub with USB2-socket between computer and Sony phone.

1 Like

Yes, generally for flashing a different ROM onto a phone you’ll unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery via Fastboot mode, and then enter your custom recovery to flash a new ROM. It’s a bit different with Sailfish, but it’s still done through Fastboot mode.

Great info about USB2 ports being required - I wasn’t aware that it was an actual issue.

1 Like

The USB2 issue I experienced with Xperia 10 and do not know about the newer phones.

1 Like

Ok so no device shows on the list with adb command in recovery mode.

in flash mode with fastboot command device shows.
when trying to flash TWRP i get fastboot error cannot load twrp…img : permission denied.