XA2 EMMA Recovery - 'No Matching Services'

Has anyone else had this issue but managed to solve it? I’m having to use NewFlasher which is okay, but I’m having issues with WiFi not working once it’s flashed

Yes same issue here, emma recognize my phone at startup but turns grey and popup that there are no services available , xa2 ultra dualsim here, used Windows 11, tried newflasher but gives me an error of update.xml file missing .im stuck maybe u can assist ,its anoying indeed.

I gave up and installed a custom ROM. You could try that instead, as you’ll get an up to date ROM as opposed to old software.

1 Like

Thnx for the reply, where to get the custom rom, and which flasher to use, on windows 10 or linux?
thanks in advance, greetz Joel

No problem with Emma and Windows 10

It didn’t work on Windows 10 for me.

For a guide on installing custom ROMs on your XA2, go here:

All the best

1 Like

Before going too deep into it, it might be worth trying again with newflasher, as I don’t know the consequence of skipping that step, sorry. I used newflasher to get the operating system back on, and then, because wi-fi want working, I flashed a ROM. I can’t test this anymore sorry as I don’t have the device anymore.

Tried that, got an error attempting, missing update.xml file.Will try lineage 19 rom instead.

Q for Bellini Will u get the latest Andy build available for the device used, andy 10 or 11?

Stock Addy only went to 9 on the XA2 I believe, so that’s all EMMA will be able to load/flash

That’s noted in the baseband table here: https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004283713#Baseband

1 Like

Strange my baseband flashed sfos with android 10, thats why i asked, going back to 9 is not preferred .

Sorry, I could have it wrong as it’s been some time since I’ve flashed an XA2, but quick reading of install instructions suggests to stay on Addy 8 or 9, not 10. Are you sure your following the XA2 guide? Did you successfully manage to install sailfish but now want to revert to Addy?

1 Like

Yes, im on build 0.68 and still some bugs new or old appear on my xa2, main problem is simcard errors, slot not recognize sim, simcard not allowed bug.some apps from andy not fully function, more little bugs, so go back to Andy yeah.

Fair enough. Beyond trying lineage to get back to Android, I can’t really help. You could try install an older version of Sailfish too, but that’s not ideal either. Good luck!

Thnx, just prepare the files needed, not yet flash , backups etc.

Have you had any success? If not, I’d suggest asking (politely) on the xda-developers forums. They’ve got some experts on tools like newflasher that might be more familiar with those particular tools than we are here.

Selemat sore , good afterafternoon from indonesia , emma and newflasher not given me any solution on windows 10,11 or change usb ports or data cable. Anybody has the answer or solution ,im stuck.
Its kind of annoyance and disappointing not able to go back to stock rom on my xa2ultra.

Two questions: 1) are you using the right firmware? 2) have you tried flashtool? new SONY XA2 - Downgrade to Android 8 - together.jolla.com (look down at the ‘answer’)

1 emma should find the correct one, but no services, flashtool gave an error like no update.xml file avaleble.

1. I mean are you using the correct firmware when using newflasher? 2) to confirm, you’ve tried both flashtool and newflasher? They’re different tools, but both for Xperia devices.