Whisperfish - The unofficial SailfishOS Signal client

Triggering the reset on a person helps with every message from/to that person, and also propagates in groups. You don’t have to separately reset the group.

That’s the PNI rework that Signal recently did. I assume you see your contact by UUID, not by phone number? If that’s the case, this will be fixed in beta 11 (soon to be out there)

I assume this is the same behaviour as what @ric9k describes right above you. If so, same remark: beta 11 will fix this.

1 Like

Thank you for your fast answer. :hugs:

Exact.

Great ! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Beta.11 is out there. Changelog in the initial post here, or on Openrepos!

6 Likes

Thanks for all your work! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I still can’t send out messages. All attempts are just getting the block sign. Is there something I have to do additionally? I sent a message with signal desktop which seems to have worked (waiting for response yet), but still no luck on the phone itself.

Edit: I noticed that Signal Desktop and WF didn’t really interact for some reason it looked as if it would be linked with another device, so I tried to re-link but it won’t link it again.

You can only reply to messages but you can’t send messages first (probably some key exchange thing).

\O/ yhaaa! :partying_face:
XA2 4.4.0.64 Beta11 Working great now!
MMS, GPS, Telegram and now Signal!
Guys, you make me feel almost a too normal person now. biggrin

Contacts still appear as UUID but who cares, huh?
Perhaps, they appear as UUID because I didn’t allow to share Contacts.
(removed “Contacts” in /usr/share/applications/harbour-whisperfish.desktop and /home/.system/var/lib/sailjail/settings/user-100001.settings) I know, I know, but… you know.

1 Like

I just noticed that Whisperfish launches to white screen on Sailfish 3.4.0 (i.e. Jolla Phone). Please use beta.10 for now. There’s a ticket of it and it’s added to the first post, as usual :slight_smile:

At the current stage of development, this is expected. The Contacts permission doesn’t affect it.

1 Like

Yeh, beta 11 only fixed that you can send to UUID-only contacts. It was an emergency :’-)
I’ll try to get profiles asap. Always helps that I’m affected these days too; I have a friend that shows up as UUID since a week.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on the symptoms here? How do you notice they do not interact? If possible, it would be nice to have your case documented as issue on Gitlab, it makes the follow-up a lot easier…

How can I avoid this?

I also ran into that with the following sequence:

• Have beta.9 installed but not registered
  • Start beta.9 so it suggests registration (don’t complete it)
  • Update to beta.11
  • Get the message above

The issue is basically logic error in the detection. I did not consider this scenario when I wrote the migration code, but this should be handled.

Since the new storage doesn’t exist, I believe you can simply migrate the storage folder manually. Make sure that the new base folder exists and move the folder by hand (note the trailing slash):

$ ls -d ~/.local/share/be.rubdos/harbour-whisperfish
/home/nemo/.local/share/be.rubdos/harbour-whisperfish
$ mv ~/.local/share/harbour-whisperfish/storage ~/.local/share/be.rubdos/harbour-whisperfish/

Hi, I noticed something strange in the new Beta 11: I registered Whisperfish and turned on autostart on boot and background mode. Than I closed Whisperfish. When I than tried to open it again, nothing happend. Using harbour-whisperfish -v shows the following:

I’m not sure how that’s even possible… What Sailfish OS version you are running?

Reboot should get you out of the trouble, or running killall harbour-whisperfish.

If you can reproduce the issue reliably, please share the steps.

I’m using SailfishOS 4.4.0.68, I will try the reboot-method tomorrow and share the reproduce-steps

Okay, I rebooted and, as you said, everything works again. I registered and turned on background-mode and autostart on boot. Now this problem doesn’t occur again. Maybe it was just a one-time failure, or maybe it’s because this time I registered Whisperfish as a secondary device, but that shouldn’t make a difference, right?

There was likely the old Whisperfish still running in the background but somehow half dead. Let’s hope it was a one-off!

1 Like

Hi all there we got a strange issue after Upgrading to Beta 11.
me and my partner get all messages
twice. We are sending only onw time? :slight_smile:

I also got one message twice, but so far I’ve been unable to reproduce it… It might have something to do with the UUID-instead-of-phone-number situation. I could try to reproduce it, but I’m away from development phone for a few days…

You’re both on Whisperfish? Would you be able to create an issue on Gitlab for this?

We do have an issue about that somewhere, but I’m not sure whether we supposedly fixed it or not.

Yes both on whisperfish.