Weather-App and Widget Connection Problem

Let´s face the truth. We you get involve in sailfish, you have to accept this annoying nuances. It´s a small company having difficulties.
If you want a smoth operation go to apple… or a pixel. (i have one)
Sailfish is a building under works… in many ways. First of all because of the limited resources. And sadly it looks it won.t improve soon.
But… giving it our support, maybe in the future, it will be ready to compete toe to toe to those gigiants… and we will be ready to ditch the fxxx apple and android.

5 Likes

My Google account is Sebastian.matkovich, or at least i say that, because actually it might be sebastianmatkovich, because Google ignores dots, so i created an account on foreca without . And i got the mail with the new testaccount. So every month i will create an account with a . Placed somewhere in my mailaddress and i don’t have to create new addresses for that

1 Like

Or you could just use Firefox Relay

1 Like

On our XA2 and 10 III Dutch weather app Welkweer stopped giving info on sept. 30. What’s going on?

@Kea, you may want to report that at the right place: Welkweer’s OpenRepos page or even better as an issue for the Welkweer project at GitHub.

2 Likes

Thank you. Welkweer, made by A.Dekker, is in the Jolla Store.

Better report at GitHub.

2 Likes

@Kea just answered you in the Jolla store. The app did not stop. Buienradar has not refreshed the 5 day forecast after the 25th of september, no idea what is going on there.
You can see the same result/effect over here Buienradar.nl - bekijk de 5-daagse verwachting voor Nederland on their own site.

4 Likes

Ah, that’s it, thank you. So it has nothing to do with the other weather app. Just a coincidence.

1 Like

Fixed it, at least for next 30 days. API/token from foreca, edited Jolla details and added my own user/pass/token and now it works as before.

Thanks @dcaliste for hints.

1 Like

Is there any way to remove the weather information from the lock screen? (It shows obsolete data.)
I could find an option in the settings only to remove it from the events screen.

Meecast also has the option to replace lockscreen widget

1 Like

Where? I can’t find any such setting…
(Version 1.1.35 from the Jolla Store.)

MeeCast for SailfishOS | OpenRepos.net — Community Repository System and search for the other parts, or you can get it all from chum.

3 Likes

There is no built in option for turning off weather icon on lockscreen but you can do it manually by editing one character in this file /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherIndicator.qml at line 16 and remove ONE exclamation mark, so the line becomes visible: !weather. Restart lipstick to see the change. systemctl --user restart lipstick

4 Likes

@Edz,
Thank you! This is exactly what I need.
(I plan to use no weather service, not even MeeCast.)

2 Likes

Another option:
open website Wetterkalender | Meteomatics
scroll to “City” >myPlace< use >Generate< and >Copy link<
in sailfish go to >settings>Accounts>Add account>Web calendar
and paste webadress.
If you don´t want to use an app…
i like it

17 Likes

There’s always wttr.in for hardcore cli users (sadly v2 doesn’t render correctly)

10 Likes

thanks for the tip, that’s what I’m using now. Works great!

1 Like

Could someone paste the first 10 lines from the following file please

`/usr/lib64/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/ForecaToken.js`

Thanks,