Weather-App and Widget Connection Problem

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100% (always)
OSVERSION: 4.5.0.21
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact - h8314 - h8314 - 0.5.0.2 - aarch64
UI LANGUAGE: Deutsch (user: de_DE, os: de_DE.utf8)
REGRESSION: not specified

DESCRIPTION:

Weather updates, it stopped working today

PRECONDITIONS:

Reboot and change Network (WLAN/Mobule Data) doesnt change it. Forcea Website is working (link from the Weather-App)

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open Weather-App

EXPECTED RESULTS:

Actual Weather Conditions

ACTUAL RESULTS:

No Weather updates

MODIFICATIONS:

• Patchmanager: yes
  • OpenRepos: yes
  • Chum: yes
  • Other: none specified

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Device Owner User: defaultuser
Home Encryption: not supported

the initial version of this bug report was created using Bugger 0.9.10+git1
25 Likes

i also notice a problem with the widget - which does not work properly for me. The app itself works fine. Only updating the weather data via the widget fails for me most of the time.

1 Like

Same here. It is receiving a Failed to obtain Foreca token. HTTP error code: 401
atm.

3 Likes

Weather app does not work for me either. Nor MeeCast as it has no weather sources displayed.

1 Like

Same here starting from today.

2 Likes

Same here, not working on XA2 or 10iii. Both on the latest .21 release.

1 Like

Y’all sound like you’ve never seen a broken web service before…

1 Like

Broken web services I have seen before, Foreca never. It might be, that Foreca changed it’s API.

5 Likes

Since i use SailfishOS as Main-System and Daily-Driver at Nov '21 starting, it is really the first time for me to see the Weather-App doesn´t work/load new data.

6 Likes

It happened also some time before 2021, actually in SFOS v. 3.x, Focrea forecast was broken but was in a later SFOS version fixed. We have to complain now at the Foreca Oy company. It’s not Jolla’s fault but perhaps the Jolla Oy guys could discussed it with the Foreca Oy guys.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone did say it was Jolla’s fault. I believe most of us would just like it fixed as soon as possible. With the Twitter (X) feed no longer working, and now the weather no longer working, the events page is looking a little sparse now :disappointed:

3 Likes

Well, it seems the Jolla account to get Foreca info has run out. If you ask for a free trial at Foreca to use their API for 30 days, and change the Jolla credential to your own in /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/ForecaToken.js, the weather is back (for 30 days).

17 Likes

Well, I guess the question is whether Jolla will renew their account because, for example, they let it lapse accidentally, or whether they deliberately let it lapse, perhaps as a cost saving measure, and this feature is therefore now gone for good.

I just complained at the Weather - Foreca.com feedback site. I’ll post it here if I would get an answer!

3 Likes

Just to say, meecast with foreca works perfectly here…

I really hope they’ll renew the subscription…

3 Likes

Meecast does not work on my Xperia 10ii :frowning: Impossible to choose something (a city or a furnisher)

3 Likes

Meecast does not work on my Xperia 10ii :frowning: Impossible to choose something (a city or a furnisher)

You have to perform this to get it working:

devel-su + password
echo -e ‘\n[X-Sailjail]\nSandboxing=Disabled’ >> /usr/share/applications/harbour-meecast.desktop
cd /usr/share/harbour-meecast
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/buttons_icons /usr/share/buttons_icons
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/db /usr/share/db
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/html /usr/share/html
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/iconsets /usr/share/iconsets
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/ images /usr/share/images
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/qml /usr/share/qml
ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/sources /usr/share/sources
ln -s /usr /share/harbour-meecast/xsd /usr/share/xsd

add location + close meecast + restart meecast + it works perfect

6 Likes

Works for me :+1: Works for me :+1:

Foreca STILL do not have a correctly functioning site, foreca.mobi still does not show a sunshine icon when it is sunny, it’s been this way for years. I contacted Foreca, they don’t admit there is any problem, they say the problem lies with Jolla software, not theirs.

foreca.mobi - Do you see the SUNSHINE Icon top left of the screen?, no, neither I don’t either. Check your own town, it is sunny, you’ll have no icon. Not sure why Foreca denies this.

What a shower!

1 Like

Indeed. Within Desktop Firefox (114.0.2) I don’t see Sun icon either. If location has partial sun there is an icon.