Weather-App and Widget Connection Problem

I do see a sun icon when I follow your link (Firefox Desktop on Windows). Same picture with sailfish browser and webview in forum viewer.

Same issue happened here about a day ago, was working great beforehand.
Thanks for opening the thread,
Would be really great if the API lease could be renewed,

The feature was very useful.

8 Likes

We’re looking the issue. Reported internal issue report as well.

37 Likes

Otherwise works well, but the icon disappears from the launcher. However, you can open the application through the terminal.

I confirm, that neither widget nor application does not work. Until it is sorted out, I moved to omWeather (from F-Droid).

It does not work for me :frowning:
The icon app disappear and even via the command harbour-meecast in shell does not works :frowning: (root or as a simple user via the terminal on the smartphone).

[defaultuser@Xperia10II-DualSIM ~]$ devel-su
Password: 
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM defaultuser]# echo -e ‘\n[X-Sailjail]\nSandboxing=Disabled’ >> /usr/share/applications/harbour-meecast.desktop
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM defaultuser]# cd /usr/share/harbour-meecast
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ls
buttons_icons  html           images         qml            xsd
db             iconsets       locale         sources
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/buttons_icons /usr/share/buttons_icons
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/db /usr/share/db
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/html /usr/share/html
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/iconsets /usr/share/iconsets
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/ images /usr/share/images
ln: /usr/share/images/images: File exists
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/qml /usr/share/qml
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/sources /usr/share/sources
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr /share/harbour-meecast/xsd /usr/share/xsd
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# meecast
bash: meecast: not found
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# harbour-meecast
error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.
[C] unknown:0 - Failed to create display (No such file or directory)
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# cd ..
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM share]# cd ..
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM usr]# cd ..
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM ]# echo -e ‘\n[X-Sailjail]\nSandboxing=Disabled’ >> /usr/share/applications/harbour-meecast.desktop
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM ]# cd /usr/share/harbour-meecast
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ls -l
total 36
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 buttons_icons
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 db
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 html
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 iconsets
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 images
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 locale
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 qml
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 sources
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug 28 12:42 xsd
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/buttons_icons /usr/share/buttons_icons
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/db /usr/share/db
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/html /usr/share/html
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/iconsets /usr/share/iconsets
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/ images /usr/share/images
ln: /usr/share/images/images: File exists
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/qml /usr/share/qml
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr/share/harbour-meecast/sources /usr/share/sources
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]# ln -s /usr /share/harbour-meecast/xsd /usr/share/xsd
ln: /usr/share/xsd/xsd: File exists
[root@Xperia10II-DualSIM harbour-meecast]#

Don’t run as root? Works for me as @fingus describes.

Did you install from harbour or openrepos. Or @carmenfdezb 's build on github?

I used the Jolla-Store-Version

1 Like

From openrepos. The icon was in the launcher after installation, but disappeared when I made the changes in the terminal.

Strange. I did the links a bit differently, but otherwise same procedure. Could you post the output of

1. ls -al /usr/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/harbour-meecast.png
  2. cat /usr/share/applications/harbour-meecast.desktop

Can we please do the Meecast stuff in a separate thread? (Wasn’t there already one?)

3 Likes

Fix the Sailjail line. It’s two lines. You edited the file but used the echo ‘…’ > … syntax. So remove 'n , n and ’ - n means new line (Enter key).

2 Likes

I have the same problem in XA2 PLUS, I had not realized that the last update was on 08/23/2023 at 1:57 am, I hope jolla gives you a quick solution

Exactly, the desktop file has errors which is why you don’t see the icon/entry in the launcher.

1 Like

I think this is the currently most useful meecast thread: [4.4.0.58][Meecast][Bug] Event view not working - #31 by carmenfdezb

3 Likes

Yes and it solve my problem :slight_smile: But i have always the hope to have the Jolla app will back soon.

Thank you for sharing. Jolla Weather works great with this trick.
For 32bit devices people, the lib path is lib instead of lib64.

Will Jolla push a single rpm update to address this issue? Or is the plan to provide it with the next “major” update?

6 Likes