Waydroid vs. AlienDalvik & AD history

Oh, that’s some extra work then. Probably will payout once I’d guess,…

Oh, there is an almost finished port for the GeminiPDA: Planet Computers Gemini PDA (planet-geminipda) - postmarketOS
If it’d utilize a newer kernel probably interesting to get waydroid on that device.

isnt waydroid a container, i mean i basically start a second phone, so why should be waydroid limited to android 4.4?

it says lineage 17… android 10 in the settings btw.

As is AppSupport. The underlying OS needs the relevant container support.

Does waydroid support shared clipboard yet? And if not, will it in the future?

While not ideal, kdeconnect/sailfishconnect can be used to share files/clipboard between sailfish and waydroid

1 Like

less integration may be true, on the other hand, OsMand Maps work very well in Waydroid and on AlienDalvik they dont. Plus, if you connect waydroid with your nextcloud, that’ll manage quite some integration aspects.

Well, I do not have issues running OSMand~ under AlienDalvik in the last ten years on Jolla 1, Xperia X and XA2.
What does not work for you?

it’s weird, it does not seem to locate position well, and if I want to route, it snaps to a starting point I had used weeks ago, sometimes it does not even start up. (on a XA2) But: Right now as I am trying, it behaves perfectly well. (Last trip I did I was very angry on Osmand, that’s one update ago).
I don’t see Waydroid as challenge to Aliendalvik - it may help using a mainstream Linux Smartphone.

GPS has some issues on XA2.
I guess you know these threads:

I suppose that AD/WD are using the GPS the same way as native apps do under SFOS, hence the same complications may occur.