Voicemail calling stopped working in Koli 4.0.1?

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.0.1.45 (Koli)
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2 Plus Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE:English
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When there is a new voicemail, the notification appears as normal but tapping the notification does not do anything. If I open the phone app and press/hold the 1 key, which normally calls for the voicemail, there is a little popup that says the voicemail number is not configured. BUT if I go to Settings->Apps->Phone, I can see that SIM1 (I only have the one SIM card) shows a voicemail number that is correct.

PRECONDITIONS:

Upgrade to 4.0.1 … this worked fine in the previous version(s).

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Receive a voicemail
  2. Try entering voicemail box by tapping notification
  3. Try entering voicemail box by long-press 1 in the Phone app

EXPECTED RESULT:

Calls voice mailbox

ACTUAL RESULT:

Tapping voicemail notification: does nothing
Long-press 1 in Phone app: Get popup saying “No voicemail number is defined”

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

I’m not sure what else to put here? Calling voicemail by manually pecking in the number works fine. Happy to provide any additional info like logs if someone can point me to them.

7 Likes

Hello
voicemail works correctly on my XA2 plus dual sim.

Same issue on Xperia X here

1 Like

works on my x10

Same issue on my new XA2 dual sim

I guess this is pretty old now, but I have this issue too on Kvarken (4.1.0.24). Long-pressing ‘1’ in the phone app say “No voicemail number is defined” even though it is actually defined in Settings → Apps → Phone.

Dialing the number manually by copy-pasting the number from the settings works fine. I’m using the Xperia XA2 single SIM.

Same problem for me (xperia x). Reproducibility is not 100% though, I remember that some times it worked as expected in older versions.

There is a bug in version <= 4.3.0, the notification either do nothing or just bring up the phone application without dialing the voicemail centre. I’ve corrected this bug (there was actually two bugs), see :

But it was too late to enter 4.3.0…

3 Likes