Update to 4: out of space

But that also means it is not always system_a that is unused. Depending on how many upgrades the device did, it might be system_b, right?

vendor_a and vendor_b (and oem) are also 850M, maybe one of these could be removed as well?

1 Like

Interestingly system_a seems to contain the android image and according to /system/build.prop it is 50.2.A.3.77. system_b contains SailfishOS3.4, which should be the sfos version I originally used to flash the device.

But system_b looks drastically different from system_a:

# ls /tmp/sysb/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.4.0.24-h3113-0.0.7.52/
home.img.gz      home.img.gz.md5  root.img.gz      root.img.gz.md5
1 Like

Once again, thanks for your nice guide!
Just extended my root partition by system_a as you described.

I think itā€™s worth mentioning that you get messages such as /dev/mmcblk0rpmb: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 4186112: Input/output error. Anyways, each step was confirmed with a positive status message in the end. So I ignored those input/output errors and everything worked fine (so far).

[nemo@xa2 ~]$ df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sailfish/root        5.2G      1.9G      3.3G  36% /
1 Like

I had to look up what rpmb stands for because I canā€™t remember getting this error and that device isnā€™t just called /dev/mmcblk0 as normal was weird me. According to the internet, it is the Replay Protected Memory Block, a security storage from Android. So itā€™s obvious and nothing to worry about that when the programs try to scan all partittions, the read for this one fails. Iā€™ll add it to my blogpost.

Yes they do, but the canonical link for my Guide: Installing SailfishX on Xperias and its section 3.3 Increasing the ā€œrootā€ LVM volume size is at olf / SailfishX on Xperias Ā· GitLab

These instructions are regularly updated there.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve moved this topic into the General section, since I didnā€™t want to close it for not being a bug (thereā€™s lots of nice and useful discussion here). If anyone disagrees with this move, or thinks some other category would be more appropriate, please let me know.

1 Like

It already does since 2020 and is set to 4GB on the Xperia 10 and newer models. ā€œUse the force, read the sourceā€, but it is implemented a bit convoluted (try to find the place where this is set dependent on the device model :wink:).