Toggle XPeria 10III Cameras

No problem on my X10iii device.

5 Likes

10 III, 4.5.0.21 → works. <3

2 Likes

Works for me just fine under 4.5.0.21.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks.

Funny small thing, the camera switching icons are correct in the default camera, but in Advanced Camera the wide angle is under icon from the zoom camera, and vice versa.

Noticed that too, but I guess that’s an AC issue, nothing I can do in this hack here.

I wonder why all images with the wide-angle camera (0.6) get tinted yellow?
Am I the only one affected by this phenomenon?

With auto white balance it does that. With fixed, no problem. I blame the optics.

Sorry, but I don’t follow. I use the Jolla photo app and I can’t find any white balance options.

Okay, you may want to try with Advanced Camera, what is your experience with auto vs fixed white balance (or maybe presets are the right word here).

For me, it makes no difference I get this yellow tint also with AC.

Okay, after some testing on my 10 III my experience stays the same. On same lighting with preset/fixed WB the tint is exactly the same. Just with AWB the wide lens is the most prone to pumping eg. from yellow to blue and back.

2 Likes

Works like a charm, thanks Nephros!

Works great with 4.5.0.21, thank you for making this little thing!

Now it looks like I’ll have to implement camera switching to Whisperfish… :wink:

7 Likes

If i open the camera in signal (android) and try to switch the camera it stays black. Dont really think it relates to the patch, but has anyone the same problem?

in videocalls it seems unreliable as well…

1 Like

Just stumbled on to this in Chum, I had no idea that all the cameras are now usable on 10III. Thank you @nephros !

4 Likes

Also happened to me, but in Whatsapp (both with camera or videocalls).

It happens to me as well. Restarting the Android support fixes the issue (until it comes back again)

This happens to me also every now and then (in my experience with all Android apps using camera). Not related to the patch, since this has been happening as long as i can remember (well not exactly, but as they say). And as @branja6 mentioned, restarting Android App Support helps.

1 Like

Hm I wonder if certain services within AAS/AD can be restarted in a similar manner to what the button does.
So you don’t have to restart the whole container.

3 Likes